Capitulus Decum: The Haematite Cathedral

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Haematite Cathedral: Koronath Round 2

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Merica keeps her gun trained on the spot where the smoke was even after it fades, and listens to the others conversing. Once certain of the threat's removal, she faces their new allies.

"We've already faced apparitions of Gustavus and Nikaea Hekate, and dealt with them similarly, but there may still be others, or even duplicates of these. They seem to have been involved in a cult that originated from their corrupt pursuits of forbidden knowledge and power. A bitter sentiment scrawled on a wall in the basement suggests that they had a falling out and turned on each other."

"I was starting to wonder why nothing and no one has sought us out since we charged in," she continues with Haxtes and Damien. "So far, we've faced repurposed servitors, ghosts, and self-confined prisoners."
Just now, I had to remind myself that we already found the key, and we're just clearing the rest of the building before we use it. Now I'm hoping we can find one more "sane" presence here that we can ask about it...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:02 pm

"We continue." Haxtes says, looking for an exit.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:32 am

Aesgir slings his rifle back over his shoulder and signals his cyber mastiff to follow. "Yes, we should move on."
So at this point i guess i should say that i am not 100% knowledgeable about WH40k lore and had no idea that apparitions were a thing.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Renik winces as Mercia speaks the names of the apparitions, mouthing a silent prayer to his own ancestors and one to the Emperor himself.

He holsters his pistol and shrugs, "Yeah, onward I guess."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Final Piece of the Cog Key

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:33 pm

You have explored all there is in the tower, and the other areas of the Cathedral, at least as much as you seem willing to at this point. You have collected what clues you can and some pieces of a cog-key, but not all. So you return down to the main area in the Nave. As you arrive you at once see a new arrival, for seated on the front pew is the rotten corpse of Koronath Hekate! He is seated right next to where the other corpses of the Hekate members were. Yet he's dressed a bit differently than he was as a ghost, there is a naval air to his attire. Clutched in his bony hand is the last piece of the Cog Key.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:03 am

Without a word, Haxtes reaches out with his mechadendrite and gets the cog piece.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:15 pm

As the Tech Priest collects the final piece from the corpse of the body, a body that was not there the last time any of you were in the chamber, it collapses and falls into dust. Haxtes can feel the pieces humming as they draw near one another and the device is near to complete.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Damien breathes a sigh of relief that the final cog piece was retrieved so easily. No zombies attempting to feast on them, no murderous servitors. Sometimes the Emperor is merciful. "Onwards to the heart of this mystery then. Haxtes, I assume you can handle this part?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Haxtes just nods. He puts the pieces back together again and then leads the way to the large clock with its hidden compartment.
Lead everyone back to the clockwork device.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:48 am

Merica squints at the bodies and rubs the frame on the trigger of her weapon ponderously, but not for long. The nervous twitching ceases as she leaves the dead where they lie, and she watches passively as the entire key (!) comes together by the mysterious power of Mars technology.

"It appears that you two have caught up with us at the tail end of this, if the Throne wills it so." Even as she says this, she walks with her weapon raised as they return to the clock mechanism.
I hope my "Mars tech" description fits in with the flavor of the 40k mythos.