Capitulus Decum: The Belly of the Beast

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:11 am

Damien evidently is too busy looking at the labelled window box to notice the chamber below the shredder that is the spinning gears. He scans across the faded text, considering. "Well, I assume Area 3 is the Genatorium, and the Armoury is in 5. Some sort of Quarters, I assume, can be found on 6." He pauses, trying to figure out the last one. "... well, an important Core is on 8." He steps back so the others can get a closer look as well.

Now the real question is, how do these areas work? Loose organizations of areas, or are we going to have to find an elevator to get between each region? What security is still alive down here, and what horrors await us discovering that?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:16 pm

"I'm glad you could figure that out." Renik says, scratching his chin.

"Just point me in a direction and I can scout ahead."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:15 am

"Suggestion: We go to the Cogitator Core. Conjecture: We will find additional information there." Haxtes says in his hoarse, machine-made voice.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:34 am

Aesgir looks at the turning cogs below with a mix of awe and interest he says to no one in particular "I would hate to fall down there." He gives a small head shake and returns to where the rest of the group is, "I could send the dog ahead as a scout, it might help us avoid any of the dangers here."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Capitulus Decum: The Belly of the Beast

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:02 am

Merica looks down through the brief, periodic window in the cogs-of-death while the others banter over the list of rooms/areas. Could they be right above the core? Or the genatorium?

Her head whips up to look through the center of the tech-priest's shroud. She's about to make a sassy retort when Aesgir makes a suggestion of his own. If they got to the Armoury first, they wouldn't know what to take -what they need.

"Can it? Very well." Better the robo-puppy than the flesh-and-blood acolytes, she thinks. She then asks Haxtes, "Do you know the way?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Haxtes takes a picure of the map, and the labels, and then tries to figure out a way to these areas. If (for now) he cannot, he will lead the others to the spinal shaft. Maybe it is a way down or up.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:09 pm

It seems that its possible to navigate the passages and the bridge networks easily enough for the Tech Priest, there is something... logical about the lay out that fits his mechanical mind. So he directs, but doesn't lead, you toward what you hope is the Cogitator Core. Aesgir and his Cyber Mastiff lead the way, down a few ramps, then a set of stairs, a ladder, which thwarts the cyber mastiff, which you are forced to leave behind guarding the ladder, as its just too narrow of a vertical tube with metal rungs for the creature to navigate.

Down down down, the temp stars to get cooler, cold in fact, as ancient air vents pump chilly air through them. You start to figure you are lower than much of those gears. You reach a heavy set of double doors. They are mag locked, sealed tight to one another. Haxtes sets to work to try and open them, but the systems that power the area are off, as is much of the power throughout the area. He simply cannot produce enough power to get these doors open, and you doubt very much you could blast through them. A small sign over the door reads: Bridge
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:33 am

Damien inspects the door itself, touching it gingerly with the tips of his fingers, exploring the mechanisms and paneling. "Over-engineered to the point of obsession, which deftly describes the works of the Techpriests of Mars. I could attempt to bring my powers into play, but even then we might be here for hours as I attempt to batter it down."
At my power, my Staff now has 1d10+8 damage with 7 penetration. Or cast 'Hammerhands', giving me a STR bonus of +12 and Natural Weapons. So might be able to force our way in. However, I'm fine if we can't just Brute Force this. The Mechanicus could have strengthened the materials against supernatural forces, or it could just be beyond mortal strength, even enhanced.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:05 am

Merica sighs. "The Armoury might have ordnance of a high enough yield to blast through, but visiting the genatorium could open more doors for us - including the Armoury." She makes a face when she catches her own pun.
*If* the genatorium is what I think it is.

DM probably took our weapons into account. Planting "C4" and making a dash would be begging to get blown over and down into the interlaced clockwork of Doom. Casting Hammerhands on *everyone* might risk one too many rolls on the Dangers of the Warp table...

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Aesgir steps up to the closed door, he knows that there is very little he can do to open this thing, so he decides to step aside and let Damien take care of it.