Capitulus Decum: The Belly of the Beast

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Pax Macharia: Armory

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:10 pm

Damien has little interest in the equipment, but it can't hurt to take a fresh rebreather and some pistol charge packs in case they are needed later. Unlikely, but better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. "Anyways nice to find small presents rather than endless horrors." Once they're loaded up, he continues the search with the others.
I take 1 rebreather and the pistol charge packs.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Add them to your sheet
Haxtus gives a search for the noise, he locates behind one of the guns a steel case, its loaded with ammo but mostly for much larger weapons than any of you carry. It seems there isn't much more of interest in the chamber, why you were sent here you can only guess. Perhaps the corpse only wished for you to be prepared for what is to come.

Then a light on the ceiling flashes. It starts to blink, and when you turn your attention to it it goes out and another one outside the room flashes. One by one they blink and flash, like bread crumbs leading you away.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:56 pm

We were all expecting some heavy ordnance or powerful armament. The Princeps in his current state could not communicate what exactly we were meant to find, so we tossed the room and reloaded our weapons. Then the hall lights blinked in succession, indicating a direction outside and elsewhere. So, it seemed that the weapon the Princeps planned to use against the demons were the armed and armored trio it had just met. Perhaps it had been watching us the entire time, after anticipating the Ordo Hereticus' arrival months in advance at the very least. A shame, that the Inquisition had not arrived sooner.

Merica decides it's best to fit herself with her helmet again, removing the rebreather as necessary. "Brothers, it appears that we are the Titan's last weapon and defense to salvage her. Let us not fail."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:05 pm

Having never seen the Legio Titanicus march in its glory, seeing the scale of this miracle of techno-history from the inside, he is getting a better and better image of the power of Titans. It is both comforting and terrifying. As for their 'gifts', his Magistratum Combat Carapace armor has a built-in respirator and other fancy enhancements, but having additional tools ready for protecting his lungs is always welcome. "The Emperor Protects. Let us move forward with faith."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Without a word, Haxtes looks for any exits or any other way to move on.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Pax Macharia: Moderati Quarters

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Haxtes decides its time to move on, the lights in the hall blink on then off as you pass them, lighting a trail for your to follow. Clearly someone or something is guiding you. You follow along through the bowls of the Titan till you reach a room with a name plate "Moderati Quarters"

This room is a cramped dormitory for five or six people. Devotional icons of the Priesthood of Mars are fixed over each bunk bed and on the doors of several storage lockers. A headless corpse holding a bolt pistol sits on one of the bunks with a vox recorder in its lap. The body is wearing a uniform reminiscent of an Imperial Navy officer, but covered in ornaments and additional armour plates.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:35 am

"Why hello there! What have we here?" Damien kneels down next to the corpse, carefully lifting the vox recorder from the corpse's desiccated lap. "Not sure why a Navy officer is down here in the Moderati Quarters, but perhaps he came here to retrieve something important. And he was killed just as he obtained his prize."

He waves dismissively in the air. "Not relevant. Haxtes, I can operate these just fine, but with its age and the corruption of this place, it may need a more experienced hand to operate properly." He hands over the recorder to the Techpriest, and makes himself useful by further searching the room. "Oh, and can anyone expertly operate a bolt pistol? They damn near break my wrist trying. It's a fine piece of tech, so the least we can do is at least reclaim it, and gift it back to the Navy."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:02 am

"I'm afraid not," Merica answers. "I know what you mean. I once saw a trainee hit herself in the face with the barrel while firing one. The bead at the end of the nose perforated her eyelid. She stuck with it, of course. In our last correspondence, she maintained that she still uses it against the hive scum on Bront in the Golgenna Reach. It's a formidable sidearm, but I was told that I would have a promising career in the military, so I trained with longarm boltguns for their larger magazine."

Merica takes well to blabbing about weaponry. Yes, "would", not "could", but killing orks and separatists would have suited just fine for an upstanding daughter of the Emperor. And it was not the upstanding citizen's place to question.

She flexes and unflexes her recoil glove. "I've become quite used to firing one-handed, though. Perhaps I can forge a bond with this one when we are done here."

She gets to opening the storage lockers, whispering more verses from the passion of St. Lucia as she does.
As it was originally, that looked dangerously close to the way only a Mechanicus can talk about a gun, so I changed her last line of dialogue to reel it back in.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:19 pm

"Take it." Haxtes nods. He has long specialized in all kinds of energy weapons, those that can be powered by his own potentia coil and do not need reloading. ...and of course his flamer. He nods again, standing next to Damien to watch him should he commit heresy by not reciting the right prayers while operating the vox recorder.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Damien seems to have failed in his communication with Haxtes, so he tries again as the techpriest is just standing there watching. He again tries to hand the aged recorder to the Priest of Mars. "I could be your assistant as you need, but I do not trust my skills over yours in any technological task, especially one as delicate as trying to recover vox records from a device I know not its age. If I fumble we could lose precious information. It would be best if you took the lead in this task."