Capitulus Decum: The Belly of the Beast

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Heading for the Armory

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Renik nods, "I vote we go to the armory, loot it, and get the hell out of here before more of us lose our minds like Asgeir here."

"No, give me one of those chems, you aren't judge and jury here, that stuff was here by Imperial Dictate likely." He kicks the side of the crate and the aquailla is visible on it, "Means the crew was expected to use to for some reason. I'm taking one, and that liquor." Renik collects those few items, and looks at the laspistol, "I'll take that too if you don't need it, I just have these.... a shotgun and a hand cannon, neither which produce energy that could burn away corruption.

"I'm ready."

-----

You make your way down the tunnels and ladders and passages heading for the armory.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Heading for the Armory

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat May 16, 2020 6:27 pm

Merica stares Renik down, but relents with a grudging nod and lets him take a dose of Frenzon, no longer confiscator, but carrier. Being worlds apart regardless, far be it from an ex member of the Ecclesiarchy to deny the Imperial Guard their own sanctions to sully themselves with distilled psychoactive garbage. Him, and the psyker by extension, but she stays tight-lipped about it. She has no problem handing over the amasec and the weapons, already loaded for cudbear herself, whatever those are. The daemon drink may also help a lesser mind cope with the loss of Aesgir.

So they make their way to the armoury. If they approach any liquid hazards, she's quick to put her mask back on.
what happened to Asgeir's good boy? If we could I'd try to coax the dog to follow along for the rest of the mission. I wouldn't expect it to fight without the player to direct it, of course. And I won't die for it, sorry.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Heading for the Armory

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 20, 2020 6:13 am

Damien winces slightly as they make their way to the Armory. "Ware any unnatural feelings of distrust and judgment between the group. This place has been corrupted, and delights in tearing down the loyal servants of the God-Emperor. Guard your minds, and strengthen your hearts."
Hearing voices again! :D Definitely a good sign.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Pax Macharia: Armory

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Honestly the thing was a PITA, it can't maneuver the ladders and stairs, and so you can leave it in one place to guard. It doesn't reply that much, and I don't want to deal with it. Let's pretend its on the Bridge and stays there.

Damien should worry when the voices stop!
Damien winces slightly, touching his head and comments about corruption here. That seems clear enough. You leave the cybermastiff on the bridge, as it doesn't really react well to your commands. The trip to the armory requires a few stair cases up, a ladder once, some cat walks and other passages. You move along through a few doors and eventually find your way there.

You find the armoury door is powered up now, and you gain access...

The walls of this chamber are padded to prevent sparks, and its floor is panelled with wood. Inscriptions on the gigantic ammunition hoppers call for the Emperor to lend strength to the guns of the Pax Macharia. A loud rattling comes from one of the hoppers and a shell casing the size of a man rests in the corner.

The Armoury is home to the armaments of the crew stationed in this part of the Pax Macharia. The ammunition hoppers still contain dozens of shell casings and other debris, and you can use this as an opportunity to replenish your ammo or weapons.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Haxtes looks around and scans the room with his auspex. He waits at the entrance, not entirely trusting the situation. After all, the princeps said there was chaos here.

Tech use: auspex: Any living beings or strange energy readings? Any extra rooms or exits?
He also readies his hellgun.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:26 am

Damien's face is in near perpetual motion as he struggles with the voices whispering in his head. As a psyker if he loses control he could open a portal to the Immaterium. Or worse, be Possessed by one of the inhabitants thereof. The whispers are distracting, which is not something he can afford.

His attention comes back to the material world at the sound coming from the ammo hopper. "Broken mechanisms, or something rooting around in there?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:38 am

Merica gently squeezes the grip of her laser sidearm as Damien battles with unseen evils.

"I see no physical manifestations of evil," she says. "I'll call out." She draws her sword and points her laser rifle at the hopper. "In the name of the Emperor, we demand that you show your face!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Carefully you search the armoury, expecting trouble. Behind one of the ammo hoppers, next to an aperture through which shells were fed to one of the Titan’s guns, is a steel case, the contents of which are still in good repair. Also there is a steel wall-mounted case that holds a stash of emergency supplies for the crew. A large Adeptus Mechanicus symbol is stamped on the sliding doors of the cabinet.
• 2 lasguns
• 2 laspistols
• 4 charge packs (2 basic and 2 pistol)
• 12 packs of corpse rations (spoiled and inedible)
• 3 sets of protective overalls (AP 1, Body, Legs & Arms)
• 1 welder’s helm (AP 5, head, -10 to Tests involving sight)
• 2 rebreathers with full canisters

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:23 pm

The Techpriest shrugs at the equipment. Nothing interesting. Haxtes goes around to look what is making that rattling sound.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:43 am

Merica reloads and restocks ammo, grabbing up any boltshells or boltclips she can find, and helps Haxtes look around.