Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Oops

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Me, I'm afraid.

I've just had a real crush at work and home this week. (I was here until about 1:30am this morning and then out at a class until just now. And that's just today.

I'm hoping to get things calmed down in a few days.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:08 pm

Take your time, Trog. Better to do it well than fast. Good luck!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon May 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Trog, are we still playing?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Cause if not we should remove the forum.

If we are, lets get to Rat killing!!!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 13, 2008 12:54 am

I've had a double punch hit me.

The first blow was a crush at work. Difficult, but I would have been able to work around it.

The second blow, however, was worse. I'm having a crisis of faith with my revised Risus rules. Yes, I know we're only halfway through our first combat. But that was enough to let me know that I miscalculated in my revisions. As it stands, combats will be a foregone conclusion long before they ever end. Like now- there's no way you'll lose, but because of the nature of the system, it's going to drag out for several more rounds.

So I've been debating on how awful it would be for me to admit failure now and retrench back to the Risus system as written (which is a proven thing and much simpler. And that's where the first blow comes in. I've not had time to give that issue proper thought.

So let me ask my players - how bad would it be if I slightly retrenched and had you revise your characters using the (more simple) regular Risus system? I think that could be done pretty quickly and the story move on.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue May 13, 2008 1:01 am

I wouldn't mind at all.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 13, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm fine with the simpler system, we are using that in the Mystery Men game, and it seems really simple.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Decision on Ptolus

Post by Trogdor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:15 am

I apologize for letting this drag on so long without saying anything. At first I kept hoping that I'd be able to get back to it in just a week or two. Then it kept getting put off until 'next' week. And so on.

I really want to be able to run this game. But I know myself and my schedule too well. And I know that if I push myself into starting it up again, I run the very real risk of getting overwhelmed at work and home again. Things are calm right now. But in the short term they might heat up again in a month or so. Besides, my doctor has told me to remove drains on my time, not add to them.

The end result is that I've graveyarded the game for now. (My first official act as an Admin.) I'll return to it and deal with some of the rules and other issues, and start it up again when I'm better prepared and can be sure that it will go more smoothly.

Once more, I'm sorry about not pulling the plug a bit earlier.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Decision on Ptolus

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Sorry to see it go, but we all understand.

When your time is actually free again (next year?) perhaps you can start it up again!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Decision on Ptolus

Post by Trogdor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:08 pm

When I do, I think I'll make you guys a little more important - more like mid-level adventurers than low level ones. That should make it a bit more interesting.