Democracy 3 rules
1. Only one player can win. Players who do not win lose.
2. To propose a new rule any player can suggest a proposal in a thread. A proposed suggestion has a starting vote tally of 0. Players other than the author can vote YEA or NEA once on a proposed suggestion in the proposal's thread, though they may change their vote. Each YEA adds 1 to its tally. Each NAY subtracts 1 from its vote tally. If a proposal reaches a vote tally of 3 it becomes a rule. If it reaches a vote tally of -3 it fails. If a deadlock persists after 24 hours the proposal becomes a rule if the tally is 0 or higher. If it is -1 or lower it fails.
3. A player may have no more than one proposal active at a time.
4. The most recent ruleset will be maintained in this thread by the Moderators. New rules will be given a number based on the order they are approved.
5. Anyone voting must do so in the proposal's thread or else the vote does not count.
6. The periods between Friday at 5:00 pm and Monday at 8:00 am, henceforth known as "the weekend" be granted holiday status. No proposals may be introduced, and no votes may be counted during the weekend. For the purposes of counting durations, time during the weekend will not count. It will be as if the weekend did not exist, and 8:00 am Monday occured immediately following 5:00 pm Friday. Proposals may still be withdrawn over the weekend, and vetoes may be cast over the weekend. All times are to be determined by the time settings of the server known as "Beauty" (i.e., the times that are listed in forum posts, roughly equivalent to Eastern timezone USA (EST or EDT, depending on the season).
7. The player that put forth a proposal may withdraw a proposal at any time after the proposal has been made and before it expires, fails, or passes.
8. A player may change their vote on a proposal.