BrenCon 2008: Xcrawl Game Thread

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Brennor Party 2008: Xcrawl Game Thread

Post by Bitom » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:36 pm

I will certainly be running something else... I may do a home on the ranged attack game, but more likely, I'll run the diceless horrorgame that I pull out of my butt a couple of times a year

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 pm

Yeah, nothing against Xcrawl, but I'd prefer to play some other stuff myself too... though I think that with the tournament style Xcrawl setup, it *HAS* to have a significant chunk of time.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:33 pm

If people don't want to play, say so now, because JP won't need to paint up a dozen figs, and we can save alot of time and money on the various items we were planning to make (MadVlat steel medalians, etc) and have for prizes for the winning team.

If we dont' get 8 people interested in xcrawl it will be a bust and we can just do like last year.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:35 pm

However, if you look at what I did think of a rop of my head schedule, after dinner for other things, means from 5pm until we crash would be other stuff...a sizable chunk of time. (Considering we wouldn't be going to sleep until way late, if last year was any indication).
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:47 pm

Maybe want to clarify the time slots... From the IRC chatroom, V was just mentioning that he figured roughly 8 hours-ish total for Xcrawl. WAY different than what was implied by the schedule above, and leaves lots more time for other stuff.

That information alleviates my concerns about playing other games. I'm up for 8 hours of Xcrawl!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:18 am

It would all depend on the speed of the actual game, and since when do games run at an easily messured pace. I started another thread about what we really want to play and who is willing to put the time an effort and money into running something or hosting something.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:47 am

Yep, would definitely depend on how sidetracked we can get. If last year is any indication, we can definitely get on some super tangents sometimes. Nothing wrong with that.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:48 pm

As the whole thing stands, it looks like this game will be a short, single day shot. We'll want to get atleast 6 players, 8 would be better (plus 2 DMs)It will be a rather short crawl to accomodate time so poeple can enjoy themselves doing other things, and join in other games on the next day.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:34 pm

What about having Xcrawl being the morning session, afternoon session and some time after dinner to finish up? That should be at least 12 hours of gametime that way and should allow for a bigger dungeon.

What is the current count of players interested in Xcrawl? We need to get JP this information soon if he is painting figs.

I am, but I have not selected a character yet.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:42 pm

Either of these plans sounds good to me.

JP, V, I know nothing about X-crawl, but would rather fill in a party necessity (Barty b lacks thiefly ability) than dictate a character. Would that be acceptable?