BrenCon 2008: Xcrawl Game Thread

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Brennor Party 2008: Xcrawl Game Thread

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 pm

Currently, the players I know are in.

GM 1 - JP
GM2 - Vardaen

Players (No Teams have been talked about yet)
Brennor
Bitom
MadVlat
Connie
K_N (Connie Hubby)
JohnnyWierd
Open Slot
Open Slot

So only need 2 more players to round out the teams. We also can go with 5 Per Team so if there are more, its okay.

Just a quick explaination for Bitom. Xcrawl is d20, anything goes, a mix of modern/fantasy, Magical ChainSaw as a weapon, yup! The Xcrawl Group is team of modern adventures that will be going through an unsactioned Crawl. A crawl is a televised dungeon crawl, created by the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, who pits the team vs various traps and monsters, and "If you Die, you Die!" as the saying goes. So a cross between D&D and American Gladiators and MXC. In our version the two teams are going head to head, what one team does in the crawl can hinder the other team, the ultimate goal is to reach the arena first, set up for battle, and then defeat the other team in a deathmatch style battle. The winning team becomes BrenCon Champions, until next year when they have to defend their title.

The xcrawl thread has more info, and some kick as character ideas based on figs that JP has and will pain for use in the game. This game relies heavily on a battle map and minis. And since the teams will be set up here, team captains picked, and characters generated on the site, we can go right from the Green Room to the action once we are set up. For us, that means two groups, running each one with a different DJ for the first half of the game, until the groups meet in the middle.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:38 pm

We might have another player, Idderbelle. That's something we'll find out sometime soon. If people want some kind of pre-gen characters to fill in niches, whatever helps. I just can't wait to paint figs and stuff til the last minute. It's my side business and I have customers that make regular orders so the painting and customizing will take a little extra time.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:51 pm

~nods~ I am not sure if Snakeoil_Sean will be joining us on saturday's events yet. He is interested in learning about x-crawl, but would need some help with characters and such. It's unlikely he would require a fig specailly painted as he would likely be late/ have to leave early with his weird work schedule.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 pm

If the Man with the Hammer is still free, I would like to claim it as a Bastion.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Consider it done. The fig with the big ass hammer/sledge has been claimed by JW. Hope it serves you well, kind sir!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:42 pm

Would it be wise to choose teams so that we can create complimentary characters?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Yup.

I would be. We were trying to get 8 people so we could sort of pick teams and pick characters. Of course you can always make up characters and join teams based on that.

So who wants to be on what team? Once teams are picked, we can do team names, team captains, and team logos.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Well, I'd like to team with Bren, as he's the only one on the game list that I've seen in RL for more time than the last Bren's party.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:49 pm

Works for me.

Teams

Team #1
Bitom
Brennor
Pygmalion
DoomulousPrime

Team #2
Connie
Kniern_Knuckleave
JohnnWierd
MadVlat
Idderbell
Last edited by Vardaen on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:51 pm

If familiarity is a criterion, dibs on Connie and hubby!