BrenCon 2008: Xcrawl Game Thread

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Brennor Party 2008: Xcrawl Game Thread

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 01, 2008 5:25 pm

Current Teams as they stand...

Teams

Team #1
Bitom
Brennor
Pygmalion
DoomulousPrime
Trogdor (hopefully)

Team #2
Connie
Kniern_Knuckleave
JohnnWierd
MadVlat
Idderbell

Trogdor, I'd like to get you into Team #1, and that will round it out. I know you mentioned not being excited about this, but I really think you'll have fun with this, and since its a major event, you don't want to miss out playing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:59 pm

I'll get on my peeps, brotha!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri May 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Word up, Mad Dog! Click, click, bang!
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 02, 2008 8:09 pm

I loves me them snipers...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:21 am

Here are a couple odds and ends that are Xcrawl special...

We are using Action Points (as per the Eberron Rules)

Mojo Points: The team as a whole has a pool of Mojo Points. You gain Mojo from things like clearing a room, pulling off a signature move, or scoring a critical hit. You loose them for infighting in the group, fumbling and generally sucking hard. Mojo can not be spent for your own actions, you can however (before dice are rolled) give your team mate mojo points. Every mojo point given equates to a +1 on the die roll. There some rules for if mojo is spent and the result is a crit or fumble as well.

Perform (XCrawl): A new Cha based perform skill is used to Mug for the Camera or Grandstand. Either of these can be done, basedon the situation, to try and join fame points and to generally show off how awesomely cool you are. Five in a row nets you more fame (some audiances and DCs are harder than others)

Fame Points: Every crawler has some fame, this is based on Cha, Level, Perform Checks, feats. THe better your fame the more money you earn, the better your perform checks, the more mojo, etc.

Knowledge (XCrawl): A new Int based skill that lets you know about the DJs, tactics, rules, and anything else Xcrawl related.

JP can you think of anything else that is a base rule addition?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:21 pm

There are a few changes to the Xcrawl game.

Because of babysitting issues Idderball won't be playing, that opens up a spot on Team Local for a new player. Anyone interested? Wayloss?

Also because of previous engagements and a bad memory about it JP won't be around Saturday after Dinner. That means the Xcrawl will have to finish up Sunday morning and won't be run Saturday night.

In its place will be general games, but I'm also going to run a L5R CCG Primer and RPG Intro if there is interest. Anyone that thinks they want to join the L5R CCG you should know I'll have free decks and cards and enough stuff for you to get started playing the game that night, and the decks are you're to keep when we are done.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:40 pm

Current Teams as they stand...all character's have had their ideas submitted and their figures are well under way of being made.

Teams (Character status)

Team #1 (No character sheets have been completed yet)
Bitom
Brennor
Pygmalion
DoomulousPrime
Trogdor

Team #2 (I don't think any characters have been completed yet)
Connie
Kniern_Knuckleave
JohnnWierd
MadVlat
Open Slot (Wayloss or Snakeoil_Sean?)

Char Gen Basics

Vworld Generation
8s on all stats
40 Points to buy 1 for 1
Max HP at 1st and 2nd level
12th Level Characters

Hit Points, either you may take Half+1 (5 on a d8, 3 on a d4, etc) or you may wait until BrenCon and roll infront of your DM and you MUST take the rolls regardless of what they are.

Starting cash: 88,000 Gold Pieces!
Item Limit:
100 pieces of ammo (total among all ammo types)
5 Potions
10 Alchemical Itesm (Alchemist Fire, Alchemist Frost, Etc)
24 total levels in scrolls
Basically you are limited to one item per piece of the body as per the DMG worn magic item limit: ie: 2 Rings, 1 Amulet, 1 Head Piece, 1 Suit of Armor, 1 Bracer Set/Pair of Gloves, 1 Pair of Boots

You may use feats, spells, skills, items, etc from any core 3.5 book, as well as the Xcrawl books as well. You may also includes mundane gear and feats from the Eberron book as well (Alchemist Frost, etc) but not magical items or Dragonmarked any thing.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:42 pm

On a side note the crawl itself has been started, and is well underway. I would suggest you guys use the team threads to make sure you are well rounded, as the crawl will attempt to challange all facets of Dungeon Crawling.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

After talking with Vardaen, we've revamped the number a little. Here you go:

60 On the ammo. (Total number of rounds, arrows, stones, etc...)
5 Alchemical items
16 Levels in scrolls

We really only are doing like 6 rooms, so that should be enough.
Any questions, ask away!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Get your characters in gear, you have only 2 weeks to have them done and approved!