Brennors Party 2008: Food Thread

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Brennors Party 2008: Food Thread

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:55 pm

This thread is to nail down the food situation of the gaming weekend. It has been proposed that we do a menu, pre register for food, and allow the wives of the gamers to handle cooking, and prep work. I'm going to turn this thread over to Connie and offically place in in charge of handling this.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Brennors Party 2008: Food Thread

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:23 pm

HI all! With so many of us being local, it'll be really easy to do prepared food for most of the days. Last party- we spent alot of time acquiring food. And waiting around at IHOP for about 2 hours in the process. To cut down on wasted "food" time- i would like to propose having a set schedule of meals that are pre-paid and planned.

This would entail setting up a basic idea of menu items and getting feedback on them until we have a solid menu - breakfast, lunch, and dinner- for the days people will be here for. If you have anything you MUST have while you're here or are seriously allergic to- please post those so we can take them into consideration and plan accordingly.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:25 pm

If there's any foodstuffs that are hard to get in NY but easy to get down here in the DC area (not sure if there is anything, but I know the reverse is true - mmm Spiedies), let me know and I can bring it.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:37 pm

We are looking at a menu set soemthing like this I think

Friday Night - Dinner/Snack

Sat Breakfast
Sat Lunch - Sandwich Platter and Cold Salads
Sat Dinner - Speedies
Sat Late Night Snacks - Chips/Pretzles/Cookies

Sun Breakfast
Sun Lunch - Pizza
Sun Dinner (If its a long weekend) - Hamburgers and Hot Dogs

Mon Breakfast (If its a long weekend)

I would also like to suggest that we handle drinks as well, more on a on-hand sort of way. Have so much soda/iced tea/etc on hand for those that bought in.

Also booze, we could handle having some basic booze on hand, some beer or bottles of stuff. I am going to donate a few bottles of hard alchohol to the party (1.25 Vodka, 1/2 Jack Daniels). Other wise I think it would be best if people got their own booze perhaps.
Last edited by Vardaen on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:56 pm

Depending on what we set the pay in at, some beer or similar would be included. Drinks would be part of the buy in- sorry i didn't mention it before.

For Hard liquor- I think we should have it as an option if people really want it- but it would be a buy or bring your own if you wanted something special.. Last party- we had beer and such, but not much hard liquor and it was offered up by the hosts of hte house we were at.. Obviously, public places would not be drinking areas, so I'd say- leave it up to the Host to decide if they want to offer up their heavy stashes...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:08 pm

We can also, just take a beer order early in the day, and send someone out for it befor the evening drinking starts, or just let people stop and get some on the way from one place to another. But I wanted to let you guys know I have some booze I'll be donating to the cause.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:52 pm

As everyone knows that lives near me. I always travel with my own beverages so that shouldn't be a problem. However for the lunches I suggest that everyone pitch in and order out. That way no one is forced to go get the edibles and play time can continue. Snacks should be figured in already and bought previously to game time. But whats my opinion vs. millions. :)
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:17 pm

we were thinking lunches could be something like sandwich platters? We could bring them with us ( i have a cooler/ plug in fridge we could put stuff in) if we are at a location NOT a house- or they would already be there if we are at one of our houses.

The idea is not to split up and leave the site really- as last year it was like 4 hours till people came back whenever people left for food.

For ordering out- keep in mind- that depending on where you are, you will be limited on who and what you can order. If it's chinese- we'll probably find someplace to deliver, but pizza can get expensive if you ask them to drive a bit.

Though i do love chinese food- and Moon Star delivers everywhere!!!

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:46 am

Somewhere for one of the meals we'll have to have Speedies. :)

We'll also have our hard liquor stash that is up for grabs again this year. Tons of rum, some vodka, some shnapps, some random crap.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:50 am

Nahce
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name