Brennor Party 2008: What do you want to play?

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.

Poll: What do you want to play at BrenCon 2008?

Single Session RPGs (1 Day Each)
No votes
Single Weekend RPG (Both Days)
20%
CCGs and Board Games, no RPGs
No votes
All of the above...
60%
Something else (explain)
20%

Total votes: 5

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Brennor Party 2008: What do you want to play?

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:58 pm

While the information about an Xcrawl game has been up on the forums since December, with its own thread seince January, we still aren't sure what people want to do at BrenCon 2008.

So lets sort that out. What are you guys up for playing?

I've list some options, but there are lots more, so please lets talk about it before anyone puts too much time and money into various events.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Brennor Party 2008: What do you want to play?

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:03 am

My personal desire would be...

Run the xCrawl game (see other thread), probably taking time on both days (simply do to the time it takes to play d20), in the morning and after noons, with the evening clear for CCGs, boardgames, and other shorter stuff (KAMB?) etc.

If we have enough people, we could even run several RPGs during the day, and we would need to get people to sign up for what they want to play. Having enough people to run several weekend shot games would be great!

So...

Who wants to run what. Currently on the table:

Xcrawl, Two Team Deathmatcha Arena Style. (2 GMs, myself and jigglypuff69) 8 Others Required. (Less could result in a classic xcrawl, single team game, not as fun, but do able.)

All manner of card games, and board games, Munchkin, 3 Dragon Ante, Zombie Flux, Gloom, RoboRally, Settlers of Catan, Etc (If you have it, bring it, to play it)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:23 am

I'm up for some one or two day RP, though I'm not too keen on xCrawl.

I have a good supply of some fun board games I'd be happy to bring, though I'm not much into CCGs.

Some board games I like are:

Guillotine
Lord of the Rings
Shadows over Camelot
Horror at House on the Hill

But I have plenty of others.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:27 am

Horror at House on the Hill sounds interesting!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:42 am

We have a bunch of games that are rp style as well as a bunch of fun ones with no correlation to gaming...

Games we have-

Lunch money
Three dragon Ante
LoTR risk
Mall of Horrors
Moods
Taboo
Scattegories
Cranium
Wii- portable.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:45 am

Horror at House on the Hill is a great game (some other people in the gaming group have it).

We've got a ton of random games as well... though I consider these filler around the RPG events.

I'd like to play some XCrawl. Don't know what other RPGs are going to be offered though. Anyone interested in a Shadowrun one-shot?

I'd also like to play some boardgames (Ticket to Ride, Power Grid, RoboRally, etc).
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:49 am

I did an "All of the above" But I sortof don't mean it... I'll explain:

I'd rather not do a single game that eats the whole weekend, and I don't think we're going to have enough people to do that AND do other games as well.

I voted as if I thought we'd have a lot more people that we probably will.

I am totally in to the x-crawl idea, but I'll admit I was taken aback when I learned that it was intended to take the whole weekend. I thought it was going to eat all of one day, and I thought that was awesome.

But I also want to run something. it may be home on the ranged attack, but it's more likely to be my homebrew 'system' called "selfgame" because selfgame can start any time, requires no equipment, no dice, no books, no nothing. (I've run one game that started at RWAG (Local gaming group meeting), continued in an applebees, and then continued in my apartment once 'bees kicked us out.) I wanted to do this at the last brencon, but ran out of time.

I'd rather see a variety of games, running concurrently if we have enough people. That way nobody ends up sitting around and making Bosai trees out of pipecleaners.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:51 am

I think the card game, board game, mini game stuff is totally going to be as mood hits us. The more options we have, the better, I mean last year some of the best memories came from the Munckin and the Red Neck Tree (shiver). While its nice to know who is bringing what (so we don't have like 9 of the same thing there, just to make travel easier), we can assume if you bring it, it might get played at some point.

Its really now, more about what RPG, if any, or if more than one, we want to do.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:51 am

Bitom wrote:sitting around and making Bosai trees out of pipecleaners.
Ah, but admit it... you enjoyed making that Bonsai tree out of pipecleaners... We've still got the star one you'd made too.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:53 am

That Munchkin game made for the most memorable memories of last year, that's for sure...
Vardaen wrote:While its nice to know who is bringing what (so we don't have like 9 of the same thing there, just to make travel easier), we can assume if you bring it, it might get played at some point.
With that in mind, we should probably list random games we'd consider bringing... that way those of us who have the same thing locally could save travel space for those of us who have the same game and are coming from afar.
Vardaen wrote:Its really now, more about what RPG, if any, or if more than one, we want to do.
Yep. Good idea.