Brennor Party 2008: What do you want to play?

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.

Poll: What do you want to play at BrenCon 2008?

Single Session RPGs (1 Day Each)
No votes
Single Weekend RPG (Both Days)
20%
CCGs and Board Games, no RPGs
No votes
All of the above...
60%
Something else (explain)
20%

Total votes: 5

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Brennor Party 2008: What do you want to play?

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:37 pm

About Shadow run short- I know that Kiernan (aka Mat) would LOVE to play in a shadow run game he doesn't have to dm. :) so i'd say you have at least one who is really interested.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:42 pm

I love Shadowrun.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:01 pm

Vardaen wrote: No, that doesn't work Bitom. I will repeat the concept, again.
Wow, that wasn't insulting or condescending at all... thanks.
Vardaen wrote: There are two teams of players, ACTUALLY people playing. With two DMs running two games simultaniously. Team 1 enters the crawl from the west, Team 2 from the east. THey go through the dungeon, however many rooms it turns out to be, a 1 day crawl means like 3 or 4 rooms totall. Their actions in one room, can help to screw over the other team. When both teams reach the middle, it is a giant arena, and the two teams battle one another to the death. We bring both groups together, the DMs regulate rules, but the players face each other until one team remains. That team wins, gets all the prizes, name on the Emperor's Cup, and they return next year to defend rtheir title against a new team.
What I was thinking is that if we didn't finish on day one, whichever team got closest is the winner. I know it doesn't fit with your master plan, but what concerns me is that this plan is to take up the massive bulk of the time of the party, and the whole idea is to run it again next year, which means that not only is THIS Brencon planned to be almost exclusively X-crawl, (Something that is obviously causing some consternation) you have planned for EVERY Brencon to be the same.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Cool, that's at least two for a Shadowrun game. I know Joni would like to play something as well.

So my question for you Runners out there is how much of a run would you like to go on? A GenCon-ish style run where we've got two (or so) hours? Or something a bit longer?
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm game for whatever.

My one request is that since it's a one-shot, please make us competent. ;-)

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Oh yeah... as a one shot type adventure, you guys would be playing experienced runners. Probably going to do starting + 100-150 Karma + 200KÂ¥ in toys.... something like that.

Or perhaps 200K¥ per person, but in a group fund for the group to split as they wish (since some characters aren't as much of a ¥ sink as others).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:35 pm

Bitom wrote:
Vardaen wrote: No, that doesn't work Bitom. I will repeat the concept, again.
Wow, that wasn't insulting or condescending at all... thanks.
Vardaen wrote: There are two teams of players, ACTUALLY people playing. With two DMs running two games simultaniously. Team 1 enters the crawl from the west, Team 2 from the east. THey go through the dungeon, however many rooms it turns out to be, a 1 day crawl means like 3 or 4 rooms totall. Their actions in one room, can help to screw over the other team. When both teams reach the middle, it is a giant arena, and the two teams battle one another to the death. We bring both groups together, the DMs regulate rules, but the players face each other until one team remains. That team wins, gets all the prizes, name on the Emperor's Cup, and they return next year to defend rtheir title against a new team.
What I was thinking is that if we didn't finish on day one, whichever team got closest is the winner. I know it doesn't fit with your master plan, but what concerns me is that this plan is to take up the massive bulk of the time of the party, and the whole idea is to run it again next year, which means that not only is THIS Brencon planned to be almost exclusively X-crawl, (Something that is obviously causing some consternation) you have planned for EVERY Brencon to be the same.
Seriously? Again? How can there be a time limit, if the goal is one group of PLAYERS faces off against another group of PLAYERS?

On a different note, a single day event, with signed up people works for me. While someone else runs something els. I just dont' know why we had 6 months of an xcrawl thread and finally someone else desides to chime in after all the plans are finished. I could have really just ignored this whole thing and saved mysself alot of agrivation.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:47 pm

Vardaen wrote:I just dont' know why we had 6 months of an xcrawl thread and finally someone else desides to chime in after all the plans are finished. I could have really just ignored this whole thing and saved mysself alot of agrivation.
Didn't realize that all the plans were finished for Xcrawl.
Also didn't realize that we all had to have ideas up on the boards already. Hell, GenCon doesn't even have their schedule set yet (they are working on finalizing that now)... and that's both bigger and nearer to our current date than our party is.

I really think we still have time to plan this thing and that everything didn't have to be set in stone yesterday.

Yes, I didn't post a game idea until yesterday... and yes, I'm still very uncommittal, but that doesn't mean I didn't post intention to run something earlier. I'm sorry that I don't have as much time to plan this stuff out as you do. I'm probably not going to have a whole lot planned out for what I'm running until a month before the party... can I still go on the schedule?