BC2009: Miscellaneous Games

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

BC2009: Miscellaneous Games

Post by Amaris » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:59 am

Anyone interested in a game of Diplomacy on Sunday (or whichever day Brencrawl is not running)? We could plan Nations in advance and even begin negotiations...

I could play Werewolf by the fire again.

Maybe a little Battle of the Bands?
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Miscellaneous Games

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:02 am

I totally would be up for all three on the non-xcrawl day. The Werewolf late at night, around the fire, was a lot of fun with the whole crew, and I say we do that again.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 am

Don't know BotB, but I'm totally in for the others.

I may even get around to running selfgame this year, like I promised for last year.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 am

I'd maybe like to have a little Space Hulk board game action if no one minds? I haven't played in forever and can have boards and figs available...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Not sure we want to play Diplomacy IRL.

We've got a ton of other board games that'll be available though.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Bren is afraid we'd all kill one another in Diplomacy?

The only random game I'd like to try beyond what Amaris has said is the L5R Boardgame (If its out in time! Releases Late 2008 my hairy gaijin arse!)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 pm

I'd still like to give Diplomacy a try - of course if other people want to play.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:44 pm

SPACE HULK:
I own 1+ first edition sets of Space Hulk if you need boards or genestealers
The rulesets I have are all in German, so my style of play is definitely "PygRules" and not standard, but it'd be fun anyhow.

RUAWereWolf (LOLycanthROFLcopter!)
I've been practicing lying for a whole year just so I can be the best villager ever! Playing this around the fire with some Tet-Approved beverage is definitely the way to go.

Other Stuff:
TICKET TO RIDE (Europe) is a great 5 player train building game, and should be played at least once. It does have a load of fiddly little trains though... so choke slamming people though the table is discouraged.

FORMULA D (10 player race car game) which moves pretty quickly with 5 players (2 cars each) in the very basic version. The full on version is a little much for a fun 3 laps over the course of 45 minutes.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 pm

I have several copies of the Space Hulk Bible of the internet, along with weapon and expanded rules I downloaded. Genestealers are always welcome, as is gangers and undead fighting the Marines or Guard!

I love the Werewolf game!!!! Even bought a copy of it because Idderbelle loved it so much. And loved killing me... :(
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:48 pm

Have you taken a look for SpaceHulk rules on BGG, Pyg?

Also, no need for you to lug Ticket to Ride Europe halfway across the state, we've got a copy of it here. I should probably list the games that we've got here, for those of you thinking of bringing board games.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+