BrenCon 2009 Raffle - Donations Needed

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

BrenCon 2009 Raffle - Donations Needed

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Hey folks, I'm handling the Raffle again this year. Last year we had some really great donated items, and we raised alot of money which helped offset the cost of food, and went toward the cost of running the site and some toward the UPS we need. This year I want to try and raise even more cash while providing great raffle items.

This year we might run things different too, a few different raffles, depending on the amount of items we get as well as a general grab bag area.

Anyhow, what I'm asking for is for donations to the raffle. You don't have to attend to donate, and in fact last year we got a great Wearwolf card set of Melvest (from Europe!) we used all weakend long!

Some idea:

Handmade Items -- Many of you are crafters, painters, sewers, iron workers, etc. These sort of items are the coolest because they are one of a kind and really mark the occation as special. Last year MV made steel shark bottle opens for example. Play to your strengths and see what you can offer us.

Game Aids -- Things that for gaming, books, dice, game mats, cards, etc. Any item that you can get for low cost and you think people would like. Last year Tet donated about 8 books which cost him next to nothing to get, that was a great example.

Misc -- Mugs, posters, comics, figures etc. Any item that is fun and think would go over well. Last year we had some L5R mugs that were huge, some peture figures, a few comics, and of course swords. Everyone loves swords, we raffled off longsword and rapier like blades!

So if you have items to donate, please send me a PM and we can work on getting things to me to take to BrenCon. Or comment here with ideas and comments.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: BrenCon 2009 Raffle - Donations Needed

Post by Amaris » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:08 pm

I have a cat I can add to the raffle!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:43 pm

I'll be picking up some things for the raffle. I'll let you know exactly what the closer we get! Maybe an extra painted fig or two and some more weapons!!!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Painted Figs and Weapons are always a hit JP.

Sorry Amaris, you can't raffle off my cat! However he would bring in a high price, such a good kitty.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 pm

I love cats! 50 cents bid!!!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 pm

ANy other bidders?
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 pm

I will have various items to be added to the raffle that I have acquired and/or had made for the purposes of brencrawl. For obvious reasons, these will not be announced until AFTER they appear in the crawl.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 pm

Maybe I can throw some pottery for the raffle, too!!!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 pm

I'll be happy to donate the copy of Magic of Eberron that I got at the raffle last year. I had quite forgotten that I already had a copy at home. :oops:

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 am

Items so far:

Bitom - Double Secret Items
Trogdor - Magic of Eberron
JP - Figs and Pottery
Amaris - My cat Pippen!

I bid One Meeelion Dollars for him.