Brencon 2010 - Warhammer 40K Event (Saturday)

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Brencon 2010 - Warhammer 40K Event

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:59 pm

The Inquisition is pleased with the Deathwatch's success. The mission was completed within the alotted time, the Ork infested Battle Cruiser Cold Vengence was destroyed via a Melta Bomb chain reaction to the engine. The relic tome of the Ash Dragon Chapter was recovered and returned to the Inquisition. Heresy was destroyed, the Xeno were destroyed, and the Imperium is protected. We are disapointed our agent The Holy Mother, the Sister of Battle, was killed, but no greater glory in death could be hers than diying in battle against the Ork Warboss Bloodwreck.

The game was AWESOME! Pics are up on Facebook of the scenes that JP made, the 3D rooms were freaking great, escpially the engine room. SLAM brought some hordes of Orks that we used in some rooms as well. Players walked off with their custom made, custom painted Deathwatch teammembers as well!

The group battled the rooms as follows: The Air Lock, The Crossroads, The Bridge, The Reliquary(Temple), The Shooting Range (This was an Optional Mission Objective, they saved some Imperial Citizens!!!), the Engine Room, and the Air Lock once again this time with an Ork Warboss.

We had one death, The Holy Mother (MadVlat) died a spectacular death. After being grappled in the Ork Warboss' PowerClaw she was lifted into the air in critical condition, until the Apothocary Doc of Death (micro) knocked Bloodwreck from his feet with a critical shot to his chest. The prone Warboss did not let go of her, so the Techmarine Martus dropped a Krak Grenade on the thing. And of course the hit location rolled LEFT ARM, right the Sister of Battle also was being grappled. This killed her, him, and caused a chain reaction of ammo, power claw, grenades to blow up one after the other that was a specactular event, even taking some of a nearby Ork Horde! Even in Death I Serve!

The Sarge (MAX_Power), who failed just about every single roll for the first 4 rooms (including a critical weapon overheat on his very first roll of the game) ordered the withdraw with only 30 seconds left on the clock. The Ash Dragon gun servitor (found in the ancient temple and restored to working order) along with the Space Wolf Ragnar Bloodmane and his Exorsist buddy The Arch Bishop exited the Space Hulk completing the mission! (the others escaped as well)

This was the room where SLAM shouts out, "DUUUDE! Shoot my Nob!" As he's battling a Nob in Mega Armor mono y orko to the Doc.

Effects on the Dark Heresy Game are going to be felt, some of the factors here are:

The destruction of the Cold Vengence. - (all characters)

The recovery of the Tome. - (all characters)

The unauthorized reading of the Tome by the Sarge and the Doc. They both agreeded to reveal its secrets to the Ash Dragon Chapter of SpaceMarines, something the Inquisition won't approve of. (micro and MAX_Power)

The recovery of a pure gene seed of the Celestial Lion Chapter (the progenetors of the Ash Dragons) and the keeping of this secret from the Inquisition and eventual return to the Celestial Lions!!! (micro)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

SLAMcevich
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SLAMcevich » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:57 pm

I had a great time, Puff's Fig's were awesome and it was great R.P.'ing with the group. The two things I learned during play were:

1. Jet Packs RULE! it was my definitive source of damage, both self inflicted (I.E. failing pilot checks and crashing into stuff) and dealt (I.E. forcing orks off high ledges).

2. Always stand Behind Hayabusa

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:29 am

2. Always stand Behind Hayabusa

This is an important lession. When the Techmarine has a flamer, and he fires it THROUGH your Sarge (not around him, or through his space, but actually burning a hole through him) its always smart to stand behind that guy.

We almost lost the Sarge for good there.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 am

Or you learn from Wayloss how to dive between the flames.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:13 am

The martyr grenade say boom, boom, boom, boom, BOOM!!!!! The game was awesome. Thanks and props go out to Jiggly and V for going out of their way to make sure everyone had a great time...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 pm

I LOVED being part of this! I had so much fun and I think in all my years of RPing with MV, that was the first time I saw him laugh as his character died!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:03 pm

A good death is better than a boring existance, that's true for any character!

Besides, he only missed out on what? 2 rounds of combat through the whole mission?

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 am

He also got to play the gunbot, didn't he?
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:45 pm

True.... for 2 rounds ;)

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Right, but that means he didn't really miss out on the combat much, at least. :)

Regardless, a good time was had by all... even those of us sitting at the next table over! ;)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+