Brencon 2010 - Warhammer 40K Event (Saturday)

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Brencon 2010 - Warhammer 40K Event (Saturday)

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:01 am

Image "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." - Captain Davian Thule, Blood Ravens Chapter

You are not worthy to bear the mantle of the Adeptus Astartes anymore. You have failed your Chapter, but you wish to still serve the Imperium? Then to the Deathwatch with you Space Marine! The Inquisition can use your body for one last final suicide mission. Succede and prove you are worthy to be buried along with your kinsmen. Fail and no one will be surprised!

Inquisitor Zerbe has asked for a team of Space Marines from the Deathwatch to investigate a derilict Space Hulk that has just returned from centuries of being lost to the Warp. Care to volunteer?

Running on the Saturday of Brencon 2010, a never before Warhammer 40K event will be hosted by Inqusitor Vardaen and Inqusitor jigglepuff69. We are looking for a team of 4 to 6 folks who want to take on the roles of Space Marines of the Deathwatch for a critical suicide mission for the Inquisition.

This event will ICly tie directly in to the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy game being run in the Misc Game section of the site, but you need not be a player of that game to join. Your actions here can greatly effect the Acolytes of that game for good or ill depending on your success or failure.

This will be a strong miniature based event, with models made by the JP69 Master Mini Making Man! You might just walk off with your own mini as well! The characters will be pre-generated for you, but will encompass all the kick ass stuff of Space Marines (heavy bolters, flamers, power armor, chain swords, and more...). The rule set will use the Dark Heresy rules, but you need not have the books as everything you'll need will be provided to you to play.

From the team that brought you the first BrenCrawl, now comes something new and glorious!

Seats will fill up fast, so please let us know if you are interested in this. This will likely run the whole day Saturday so its unlikely you'll have time to do this and the BrenCrawl.
Last edited by Vardaen on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Brencon 2010 - Warhammer 40K Event

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:03 am

This would be awesome.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:43 am

I'd like to play!

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 pm

All six minis are assembled and ready for Vardaen's inspection! Bits and pieces of the rooms are being assembled!

The theme is Deathwatch vs Space Orks!!! These green bastards have stolen a ship of the Imperium and are using it as a slave vessel. But something or someone on that ship needs retrieving... Can you do it for the Golden Throne? Will you stand next to the God Emperor in your next life? Only your faith will be able to carry you to that answer...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Alrighty Hayabusa, I'll mark you down as our first entry.

We'll be getting information set up for download once things move a bit closer so folks can look at the rules, and check over the character options and the like.

Tet's right this will be so awesome!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 pm

I want my heavy bolter and flamethrower now.

"Oh, boy! The flamethrower's here. Heh heh, I got it used from the Chaos Marines. You can flash-fry a Space Ork in forty seconds."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 pm

We have two characters that will have those!

1. Tech Marine with a Flamer pistol
2. Sister of Battle with Heavy Bolter

Other selections are:

3. Apothecary with Needle Pistol
4. Jump Pack Marine with Bolt pistol/Chain Sword Combo
5. Sgt with Power Mace/Plasma Pistol
6. Heavy with Missle Launcher

Those are the six that will be pre-generated characters. They have other equipment unique to each fig, grenades, auspex, sidearmes, melee, etc... Like V said, the downloads for them will come out soon and people can start picking. Does Hayabusa get 1st pick for being the first confirmed player?
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:37 am

I don't see why he shouldn't get first pick!

Once we get some more time information will be forth coming.

Anyone with "special" access can of course go grab the Warhammer 40K stuff. Including the Dark Heresy Core Book.pdf, and the WH40K - Dark Heresy Adeptus Astartes.pdf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:07 am

Needed to add this, as well. Here's the site for information on the Deathwatch itself. It's not a Chapter of Marines, but a gathering of handpicked Marines for Inquisitorial duties. Kind of like the Lend/Lease program!

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Deathwatch

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:35 am

Sister of battle!!!!!
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...