BrenCrawl 2010 - L5R - Swarm of Spiders (Sunday)

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: So, you want to be a Crawler

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:43 pm

I'll be bringing all the cards that I've got too, most of which are the Ikoma Libraries that V is talking about. ;)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:41 pm

We had our BigDeck event and things went great, I'm hoping that the group can get together and play these decks another dozen times as I really like this format. Something about absolutely randomized cards that makes the game interesting.

The Decks

Vardaen - The Khan's Shining Horde - Unicorn Big Dudes + Gold Making Folk

Brennor - Kitsu Tombs - Lion Shadowlands Shugenjas that Summon Oni!

MadVlat - Ruins of Otosan Uchi - Spider Clan Corrupt Geisha Babies (Goblins!)

Pygmaelion - Ratlings, The One Tribe!

The standings and results are as follows.

Vardaen vs Brennor - Vardaen Wins. MVP Yoritomo Yashinko who makes 6 gold on turn 1! and then Shinjo round 2!

Vardaen vs Brennor vs MadVlat - Vardaen Wins. Yashinko shows up again this time with Seppun Kassori who makes more gold. Dispite MV and B teaming up against me.

Brennor vs MadVlat - Brennor Wins. MV's own Hordes of Fu Leng when he had no goblins out after a big fight chews up his province and effectively ends it for him! I call this Evil Feeding Upon Itself.

Vardaen vs Pygmaelion - Vardaen Wins. Moto Chen and wife Akasha hit the table together along with Ide Bantu who makes gold for items and a handfull of items trample the ratlings into the dirt, the swarm of the rats can't generate enough peeps.

We also had coraz86 and two of his friends come and check things out. We did a learn to play with his friends, and the guy sitting next to me (sorry forgot you name) won his learner game against his friend. coraz86 and I played one too to refesh his memory, but the Imperial Gift 3 deck couldn't handle my Druken Ronin Sake Token deck (not surprising, this was a matter of Free Deck vs Constructed deck), but the point was to play and we played.

Many promo cards were given out, many card sleaves were bought (100 per deck is alot!!!) and some shirts were given out to all the BigDeck players just for joining the fun. Thanks to pyg for making these, they look awesome.

Front Pocket

Back
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Yeah, BigDeck is fun. I think Yashinko should get your MVP slot, V! That bow for 6 gold is freaking amazing. Having that show up on turn 1 and you having several gold cost 10+ peeps by turn 2 or 3 was amazing. My gold choked deck couldn't deal with that.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:09 pm

None can stand up to the might of my Mantis Clan Sponsored Unicorn! It helps if your sponsors have more koku than they know what to do with ;)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:18 am

Grrr, grumble, grrr Unicorn/ Mantis grrr grumble. No but really, it was all fun and good...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:05 am

hehe... Methinks my shadowlands tainted Lion shall need some Mantis sponsoring too... heck, I've already got my fingers in their shugenja!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey, lets play BigDeck next week. Leave those decks together. Whatever night Joni does her makeup stuff, Bren you bring Lil'B with you and we can play cards and the kids can play. You too MV!

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:29 am

Sounds like a plan to me. However on the makeup stuff nights, I'm gonna be watching a couple extra rugrats. Will see what I can do to make some room.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:41 am

Like I said I'll see what I can do...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Oh right B, if we have to wait one more week that's cool too.

I just got my Summer Con pack and its loaded with good ronin and sake cards! Better go change my drunken ronin deck around (again!).