BC2010: Warhamster - By Request

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

BC2010: Warhamster - By Request

Post by pygmaelion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:28 pm

It has been requested of me that I bring along "Warhamster" this year to Brencon.

Far be it from me to leave behind such a fine, fast, silly, and "easy to play as a pick up" game .

If anyone is curious what I'm talking about, you can download the last known good PDF right HERE

This game usually seats about 6 people per session (but goes faster with 4 and sillier with 8).

If folks like it, there is a very fast "campaign" style system that can be used to level up your character with such mighty powers as "ZOT!" and "MOUSTACHE". Character generation can be done on site (and a fist full of pre-gen characters will be made available if you just wanna grab one and get started). No dedication to a single character is required.

Ladies and gents, this is The Cadillac of RPGs. Sure it has broken power windows/locks, crumpled quarter panels, no reverse gear, and bald tires that cause it to skid wildly off of the beaten path... but it's still a Cadillac.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Warhamster - By Request

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Warhamster, yay! :D

But, the Cadillac of RPGs? Wouldn't that be Cadillacs and Dinosaurs?
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Dibs on my Bass-playing "On The Doll" character.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:11 pm

That's Fair, Brennor...

I hereby declare Warhamster to be The Pontiac of RPGs!

Additionally, if you played at Brencon '09, I will happily give your character an additional "bump" for having defeated Tetnak's army of social diseases in the Brawndo factory.

This assumes of course, that we can recall what you played. Bit definitely played the unemployed blunt blasting bard. Brennor was a Quarterling (half of a halfling) and kept zinging me on rules bungles. Doom was a Hamsterling with stones the size of a running wheel, taunting cougars and talking smack!

But, as with all things Warhamster, there is a cost... for each player who takes advantage of this, I will put a skull token into the GM's Bowl O Doom, which can then be used for 'entertainment purposes" later on :twisted:

Additionally, I will find my notes from last year and award a Story token to get us all up and running this year.
Last edited by pygmaelion on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 pm

haha

That's the same character as last year, Bitom? If so, that was a great character.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:44 pm

yeah, same guy.
Dude, I have no idea what's going on right now
The Wheels on the buss go ROUND AND ROUND
Whuh?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 pm

I STILL have a can of unopened Brawndo....

I'm not sure what purpose it will serve, but perhaps Warhamster could benifit from it, or a Crawl Room...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Perhaps its purpose will be to remind of last year! :)

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm in for warhamster not sure what I played last year, but there were some fun quotes.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:26 am

This Year's Particulars:

"You and your stupid companions have gathered at the Turd Brown Rook's Arm. At a table in the shadows of this Alley Booze Emporium, your party gathers to discuss your next quest. Motivated by temperance, you have formed a cutty union in hopes of amassing boobs, glory, and power!"

"TetNak Da Brudal and his army of Weirds have taken the Dirty Socks of Moderate Sentimental Value to the back room of the Department of Motor Vehicles. The Danger will be great, but.... not all ~that~ great."

Our Heroes:
ChipSquish ZarDoz (Lv2 with his new Chainmail Speedo and Honkin' sword) played by Doomulus Prime

Alice in Chain (Lv2 with her shiny Honkin' Sword) played by Joni

SLAMcevich the Mercenary (Lv1) played by SLAMcevich

Frisky Laurel the Bar Wench (Lv1) played by TwistedNumber

Phil the Unemployed Bass player (Lv2, sporting new Leather Armor and Tattoes after joining a GWAR cover band!) as masterfully recreated by Bitom

(correction made!)
Last edited by pygmaelion on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.