BC2010:Mutants and Death Ray Guns - minis skirmish

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Mutants and Death Ray Guns - minis skirmish

Post by Brennor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:24 pm

rudedd wrote:I'm a local rpg/mini gamer here in the Southern Tier and just found out about BrenCon over at the Jupiter site. I actually have a copy of the rules for M&DRG and would be interested in trying them out (they have been on my shelf for a long time).

I'm going to try to free up my Saturday to come down and join in, but may not be able to stay the whole day. Do you know when you are thinking of running the game? Looking forward to meeting you all.
Hello there, rudedd! Welcome to the site.

There is no set time for the smaller events, only for the big events. Pretty much everything else is going to be pickup games (we're a small con still! ;)).

If you have a time that you know you'll be at Jupiter, let us know and we'll use that as a time for the game.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

rudedd
Level 0
Level 0

Post by rudedd » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks all for a great time Saturday, MDRG was a blast and I have no clue how I managed to win Hiroshima Hex (beginners luck must be). It was great to meet all of you and I look forward to being part of the site as well as getting together between now and the next BrenCon.

Next year I'll plan on running a game or two as well as be there more of the time. Plus I kept my MDRG sheet Pyg, and the mutant brawler with the flamethrower eyes shall attempt to stand against all again (hopefully with a little help from his other mutant friends this time). Thanks for a memorable game.

Brennor, PM me with and we'll work something out for a family game time/night that our wives talked about. I'm also up for a once a month game of some kind.

Again great to meet everyone and thanks for making the newbie feel welcome.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 am

A great time was had by ~Yours Truly~.

I will tell the tale of the "Burning Mutant Slugfest" to new players as a stern caution against making assumptions about a 3-on-1 fight ;)

Additionally, if you or your offspring felt like mustering up some papercraft some afternoon:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226343

That's where most of my paper terrain came from this weekend. Brennor's 8-year-old was able to fold up the small boxes easier than we were (little fingers and all).

Great meeting you, sorry we didn't get to fire up some Savage Worlds, and hope to see you again soon/next year!

rudedd
Level 0
Level 0

Post by rudedd » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:11 am

pygmaelion wrote:A great time was had by ~Yours Truly~.

I will tell the tale of the "Burning Mutant Slugfest" to new players as a stern caution against making assumptions about a 3-on-1 fight ;)
Without a doubt, I fully expected to be toast. Will definitely keep me from taking any situation in MDRG for granted.
pygmaelion wrote: Additionally, if you or your offspring felt like mustering up some papercraft some afternoon:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226343

That's where most of my paper terrain came from this weekend. Brennor's 8-year-old was able to fold up the small boxes easier than we were (little fingers and all).
Thanks, I'll have to take a look and see what they have.
pygmaelion wrote: Great meeting you, sorry we didn't get to fire up some Savage Worlds, and hope to see you again soon/next year!
Likewise, great to meet you. No big deal on Savage Worlds, maybe next time I'll schedule a couple of games. In the interim, I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have about it and discuss settings (I have most).

If at some point you want to give it a whirl let me know. I could easily put together a pbp intro adventure. If you like it we can transition it over into a campaign.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:40 pm

I hereby declare this thread REBOOTED here:

http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... tml#158405