BC2011: Legend of the Five Rings RPG: Vardaen

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Legend of the Five Rings RPG Event: Vardaen

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Just beg Vardaen, he's got more pics and has seen most of them for Brencon...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri May 20, 2011 5:25 pm

V, I can't wait for five more weeks. Show me the Scorpion. Pleeeeeeeeeease.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm not sure if he has that one...

It was one of the last I painted for his game.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri May 20, 2011 8:47 pm

So it is the one which got the best JP-treatment. If he has them all, he can make a picture right?

The ones in the background look samurai-esque, too. At least judging from their footwear. Do you remember which characters those are, JP?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:35 pm

The two in the back ground are the female Hida (Crab) bushi with an ono. The other one is a female Unicorn Shugenja holding a scroll.

I think when he took the pics, I had them all finished except for my Mantis, your Scorpion and the extra Crane bushi. They're all done now.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat May 21, 2011 5:22 am

Ill post a few more next week!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:44 pm

We all play a part, you see. And some parts are larger, and some are small. But all parts must be performed before the play ends.

Yasuki Taka
- Kolat Master Coin

For those folks that are planning on, or would like to join in, playing the L5R game Legacy of Disaster I wanted to give you a head start on your characters and the set up. This will help, I hope, to speed up the start up of the game, which is always the slowest part.

Here is the link to the Quick Start Rules: (Same as presented at the start of this thread)
Quick Start Rules

Here are the characters you'll be playing. Find the one you either signed up for or think you like and take a gander. Feel free to look up further rules if you like. The 4th Ed book is in the Imperial Library.
Character Sheets

The set up:

A month ago you recieved an invitiation to attend a special summer event at the estate of Seppun Ayumu. The Imperial's invitiation could hardly be ignored, such a prestigious invitation to one of low standing like yourself could raise your standing in your clan greatly. So you have set off from your home clan to attend the event and enjoy the summer breeze at Ayumu-sama's estate.

Your friend Doji Haruki, a minor governor of a small town and surrounding lands, has invited you to stop at his home along your travels to Seppun Ayumu's. Since the distance to the Imperial estate is great, Haruki-sama's promises to be a nice stopping point along the road and so you have agreed to ejoy the Crane's hospitality. (Haruki will be attending Ayumu's event as well.)

You have accepted Haruki's invitation and have gathered with others that have done the same at his village of Tochigi. It is a small, unremakable town ten miles from the Crab-Crane border. There are not many amenities for visitors, with only one small sake house and one inn to accommodate everyone. The one shining point is Tochigi Tea, a delightful blend created nowhere else.

GM Note: You are staying within Haruki's palace as guests. You may have your own reasons for staying at Haruki's palace, beyond traveling to Seppun Ayumu's fete. You may make up your own reasons beyond this if you like, and those who do not are simply taking advantage of Haruki's general invitation. Whatever the reason, you are among the few guests who have decided to enjoy Haruki's hospitality.

So begins our game...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 am

Thanks. Looking forward to my first L5R game. I'll need to re-read the quick start since I have never played the setting before.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:30 pm

The PDF is available, get it on your Kindle/Nook/Laptop/iPhone or print out a copy and its a great read on the airplane ride!