Food!

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Food!

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Since this year we are returning to our roots, a backard event, the food situation will be different than last year.

Of course there are still fast food joints and other places to eat near the Con if you so choose, but we can do the BBQ Grill and group meals once again.

Do we have any volunteers that want to handle the meal situation?

Making the menu, collecting money, buying food, cooking, clean up, etc.

Those that were at BrenCon 08 and 09 should understand the set up and how we ran things. If folks want to do that again, we are in a good position to do so.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Food!

Post by Brennor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Food at the house would be great... sadly, all of those who were previously responsible for the awesome food setup are no longer active on the site.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah Connie did a great job year one, and Joni the next. We don't need women however to BBQ in fact, that's against the rules!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Whoa! If Isabel heard that, she'd start slappin' gamers, V! I can work to get some stuff together. We have a chest freezer here and I'm picking up new innards for the grill. If we know number wise who's coming, we can set some stuff up.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Yeah, V. Think of the people who stay at JP's and Isabel's house. I hope that you don't leave when the slapping starts.

Hmmm, roasted meat, BBQed by a firefighter. Sounds delicious.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 pm

If I forgot Isabell in the list of awesome women who cooked us great food I 'm sorry! I was just mentioning folks who RP here. Now if she BBQs on the grill, that's just... that's just wrong. You know I love you and her, but I don't let no estrogin near my BBQ grill, just ain't right. There are some things that a man must do.. BBQ, lift heavy things, scratch and spit, and they just aren't the same if a woman does them. That's not me being sexist, its just the darn tooting truth.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 pm

As far as supplies to cook with we'll want to find someone that wants to spear head the food brigade, take point on that set up menus and deal with money and supplies (I have a full propaine tank I'll donate to the cooking) that would be great.

If someone really wants tot do this that would be awesome. We can't ask JP to host the event and handle all the food.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:47 am

No, no. I won't be handling all the food. Plus there's a huge Chinese buffet we can do a meal at right down the street.

Isabell and I can start marinating speides and getting burgers intot he chest freezer. It will be nothing to thaw them out and cook them that week. We can collect money then. Easy!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:49 am

Yeah I missed out on the buffet last BrenCon, everyone left and I was stuck behind watching the gear. That sucked.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 am

I'd love to help you guys out and do something for the BrenCon myself but the damn ocean and a few miles keep me away. :(
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."