Food!

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Food!

Post by Joni » Fri May 27, 2011 8:39 pm

He can't remember who had a soda machine. I think that just going with cans is going to be the best bet.

In the past food has worked out to $25 per person for the weekend including soda and snacks. since we are on our own for 3 of the meals that were previously taken care I would say a good food donation would be $20 since the same amount of soda will likely still be ingested. and $20 for 4 meals plus soda and snack is quite a deal!

and if you need fridge space for marinating spiedies we can help out.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri May 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah, can't recall where the soda machine was... I'm actually thinking it was someone I know in Rochester. Can probably rent all that stuff from Taylor Rental though... can call and check on the price of that, but at that point, probably going to be cheaper to go with cans for the amount we are getting.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Ahah! Deal at work this week, picking up 160 burgers for 30$ So I hope everyone is hungry!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:54 am

Alright folks we had our official BrenCon Staffer's meeting tonight at JP's house. We've finalized the food situation. Something I want to make a note of for folks is thus: (people need to say thus more often)

SNACKS: We will have a community snack table, bring a snack, take a snack. (Just like those penny cups near the register at the gas station). If you'd like to donate to the snack table then you'll be able to take snacks off the table. If you dont and you just want to eat that whole bag of Garlic Honey Mustard Pretzel nuggets yourself that you brought that's cool too.

DRINKS: Ditto. There will be some free for all drinks to start us out, a few dozen soda cans, but if you only drink organic green tea made from the afterbirth of pregnant deers then you'll want to bring that for yourself (and please don't share it!)

Meal Plan
Sat Morning - Host Homes Providing For Guests

Sat Lunch - Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Potato Salad and Baked Beans

Sat Dinner - Chicken Spiedies, Pasta Salad

Sun Morning - Host Homes Proving For Guests

Sun Lunch - Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Macaroni Salad, Baked Beans

Sun Dinner - All you can cram down your craw chinese food (this cost is not provided in your meal ticket)

We should also have some sweets about (brownies and cookies) and things may get shuffled around some last minute but this is close enough for us!

A big thanks to JP and Isabell is wife for doing alot of this prep work and letting us raid their kitchen and their home for this. They are also putting out the starting funds for alot of this food, so once we know the total, you'll be asked to pay your fair share back to the JP family so they don't end up forking out all this cash for you hungry arses! :) What a bunch of barbarians!

PS: Thanks to Bren and Joni as well for donating some of the salads. Yummie.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring