Logistics

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Logistics

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:15 pm

You already ordered the Tent B? No one said anything, good thing I mentioned it or we'd have too tents. Have you talk to JP about set up and tear down stuff since it is at his house? When people will be there and stuff?

How big is the tent, and what did it cost? Did you order lights and sides for the tent as well?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Yep, I got the tent ordered already. It has been ordered since early March. At the time I ordered there were only 2 tents free at the place I got it from -- June 24th - 26th is high school graduation weekend here. I ordered the tent because of a discussion that was had several months ago between you and I at least. Possibly someone else as well (JP?) -- it might have been at JPs place. Anyways, you'd said that you weren't going to handle it this year, so I said I'd do it. It was going to be my big job to handle this year. ;)

Total for the below is $231.12. Cheapest I found by about $30. So, what we've got coming:
  • 20x20 tent ($180)
  • light ($10)
  • 2 30' wall sections (will leave 20' of side uncovered) ($20 each)
I only ordered 1 light because the tent is smaller. Our problem with the light last year was because it only lit up one side and the other side had nothing, right? Couldn't get a 2nd globe light on the main pole -- something about how they are connected only allows 1 globe light per pole.

There are strings of lights that can be added to the interior perimeter though, so I can add those to the order. I'll call and get pricing on those strings.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I don't remember not saying I wouldn't do it. :oops:

Well worked out.

We can just string xmass lights around up and about the poll and stuff if we need more light. That should cover it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, not a problem. Tent got covered and we only have 1 on the way! ;)

Setup will be either Thursday or Friday before... sadly, don't have a firm date yet. That's another problem with Graduation weekend, so many tents going out, they don't know what order they are setting them up yet.

Tent WILL be ready for us by noon on Friday though, so it won't impact anything at all.

The string of lights they also provide are $20 for 40' of lights (8 40W globes). Supposedly one of those strings can light the entire tent.

I'm good with christmas lights too though. I think I've got some white ones around here.

Thoughts on christmas lights versus 1 or 2 strings of the 40W globes?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 pm

So just a heads up to folks, the Tent and stuch items are going to run 230$ (+tax). We hope that through auctions and raffle we'll manage to make up alot of these funds, so come with a generous heart and an open wallet ;)

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue May 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Actually, the majority of the $230 will come from admission. Need to set that price still, but I'm guessing it'll be $15-$20 (depends on headcount).

V is correct though that the auctions and raffles will cover any shortfalls, just as in previous years.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 am

I just got some stuff in the mail for the auctions, too! I ordered some tastiness from Thinkgeek.com!

One of the items is Freakin Awesome Unicorn Gum!!! Another is Zombie Blood energy drinks!

Next paycheck will be a few more things...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 am

Who is bringing tables, how big and how many chairs? Need to know for our spreadsheet on the weekend...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:25 pm

You have a spreadsheet?

Bren should have all that information.

Personally I can bring some lawnchairs, patio furniture, and a few small card tables for extra stuff (auction, food, etc). That was my plan. I also have xmass lights and an outside extention cord for extra lighting. And the firepit and wood for a nighttime session of werewolf!

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:21 am

Is that something you've got available on gdocs, JP? I've got similar information from a couple of years ago, but not sure that it'll be all that useful this year or not.

Anyways, I should be able to steal the patio furniture I'd previously snagged. The oval white table and 8 chairs.