BC2011: L5R: War of Honor

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 pm

With the emmient release of AEG's Multiplayer expansion to L5R card game called War of Honor I'm hoping to get a game of this in at the Con.

It can run with between 3-9 players and says is best at 5.

Comes with 4 ready made decks and is Celestial Edition Legal. So if I can get my hands on it prior to the Con I'm hoping to run the game on Sunday. Probably take 1-2 hours at tops, even with folks that don't really know the rules well. Basically hoping we can get 5 folks together to give this a shot.

MadVlat, Brennor, Me, that's three right there!

http://www.l5r.com/news/war-of-honor-preview-video/
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue May 17, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: L5R: War of Honor

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 pm

For those that know the game and want to just bring a CE legal deck with you if don't want to use one of the pre made decks.

The premade clans are:
Lion
Phoenix
Crane
Scorpion

I believe we'll only want to run with 1 clan each, no overlapping, to make best use of the box set.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun May 01, 2011 11:27 am

If we can manage 5 players for this I am going to put up this promotional card for the winner.

AEG wrote: As a means of thanking its wonderful fans, AEG has always made an effort to be a charitable company, a tradition which continues with the Stone of Remembrance. Available for pre-order now in the online store for $5, the Stone of Remembrance is a tournament legal promotional card that you can only get through this offer. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to help in their humanitarian efforts around the world, efforts which are currently helping those in need in Japan. AEG's hearts go out to those in Japan.

The Stone of Remembrance will ship September 1st. If you purchase a Stone of Remembrance with other items, the other items will ship first per normal store operating procedures, and your Stone of Remembrance will be shipped in September via first class mail.

The L5R community has always been very generous, and we trust that great tradition will continue. Thank you.

The AEG Team

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon May 09, 2011 10:36 pm

I've never played a CCG, but I'd be up for it if you need another person.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Awesome! I'm still hopefull that it will be out in time.

Me, Bren, MV, Shurijo that's 4 will be easy enough to find a 5th, and we can even play with more if folks want to play more than once. It all hinges on me actually getting my hands on it in time.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Turns out the Stone of Rememberance card won't be out until September so I'll be thinking of another prize for the winner!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: BC2011: L5R: War of Honor

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm

So anyone interested in playing this can get a jump on the rules by downloading the PDF rule book for free and reading ahead!

http://www.l5r.com/war-of-honor/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Well, this game went on sale yesterday and I have ordered it today. We should have it in time for BrenCon 2011 !!! Woot.

http://www.l5r.com/news/war-of-honor-is-now-available/

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Order confirmed, UPS claims it will be in my hands 06/15/2011! Plenty of time for BrenCon, so this "event" is a go.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 pm

War of Honor is in my hand (car). Along with the promo's tiles for a Ronin deck! I may have to put a ronin deck together for BrenCon.