BC2011: A little birdie told me...

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

BC2011: A little birdie told me...

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:58 am

So it is almsot Satureday and the first night is over. The most exciting thing so far is that Hayabusa and Max Power had their plane delayed so instead of arriving at about 6pm the arrived closer to 11pm.

Wayloss and micro arrived on time and we had a small gathering at jigglies inside with him, me, Wayloss, micro, and MadVlat. Played some Nightfall and learned the mechanics. Wayloss won when we called it due to time. I personally like the game and hope to play it afew more times this weekend.

Bren an Joni showed up with a load of tables and chairs and the fairgrounds are now online via Brens only router, but the site remains up!

I'm stitting in a parking lot acrss the street from a friends waiting to pick Amaris up after the Maroon 5 concert with Lil V sleeping in the back! Time to go!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: BC2011: A little birdie told me...

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:18 pm

So BenCon is over and you weren't there, tsk tsk, and now you want to know what happened? There was much mocking of TetNak on our shirts and some things Bitom said about him I dare not repeat ;)

Those in attendance:

Brennor, Vardaen, Bitom, Trogdor (Sunday), Shurijo, pygmalion, Hayabusa, MAX_Power, Wayloss, micro, Joni, MadVlat, jigglypuff69, Isabell & Kids, Kiernan_Knuckleleave, Snakeoil Sean, Connie_TFE (and Twins), Amaris and Lil Vman, Brennor's Sister, Brennor's Mother, Brennor's Niece, Umm... I think that was it!

Saturday:

jp ran his 40K Arbites vs Heretics mass combat event and it was alot of fun for those that played. Only the poor cyber mastif died. The group was pretty good sized.

Vardaen ran the L5R learn to play 4th Edition game Legacy of Disaster (Shurijo, MV, Hayabusa, Kniernan and Sean). The group had a good time and the adventure touched on almost every mechanic and many of the culture things in the game.

Then we played some random games: I can't remember everything that was played.

We talked jp into running the 40K thing again for those of us that played the L5R earlier. My stand out memory of that game was the cleric I was playing preaching to the heretics and getting out number and never taking a scratch. He was even so polite as to allow the one heretic 3 rounds to reload his gun before he dashed his hopes by shooting him in the belly dead. We won that, loosing the cyber mastif and Scooter the local Caffine Shop owner who was wheelchair bound!

We left around 1am. (I got home to find a Trogdor just arriving!)

Sunday:
With everyone now in attendance we returned for more fun. ALOT of board games were played, Nightfall, Pandemic, Fluxx, Skallywags, Ghost Stories, and I'm sure a lot more I wasn't keeping track. The one game I was hoping to play we didn't get to was the L5R War of Honor :(

Then Brennor abducted half the group and took them into some secret mystical realm. They CLAIM they were playing Shadowrun, but I still don't believe it, next you'll tell me that Ninja's are real!

After dinner the Crappy Mini Crappy Painting Contest took place. With fantasy pikemen and smurff....er goblins. The two rounds of that produced some really interesting figs, the Candy Land style pink goblin and the Cat in the Hat/Stanta's Lil Helper were awesome!

Then back to MORE 40K, a final push of Heretics against the "Alamo" with a full set of players was had. Round one JP made up for not hitting me the first game by not missing me with two sets of Full Auto Bursts... so I was dead round one. By the end of it we had several characters at 0 Wounds and a few more just above that.

On top of the fun we gave out the "Brennies" or the BrenCon 2011 Awards! Thanks to MadVlat for making up some cool metal signs for these awards, when Shurijo (the event photographer) get's his pics up you'll see these.

L5R MVP - Kiernan_Knuckleave!
40K MVP - MAX_Power!
Mini (Painting Contest) - Shurijo!
Art Contest (Banner) - Bitom!
Admin (Apparently the players got to gether and voted for their favorite admin! Cool.) - Trogdor!

We had the raffle and auctions, with a ton of great things, thank JP and Shurijo, and Bitom and everyone else that donated items. We had Shirts and BrenCon items, RPG books, Novels, Smuggled in German Beer!, Painted Minis (good ones not the crappy ones! :) ) and of course the 2 year old still cold can of BRAWNDO from BrenCon2009 that was in my fridge still!

The auction raised $166.26 and the Raffle $90ish for $250+ That means we have enough for the UPS!!! None of this was needed to fill int expenses as the tent fee (15$) and the food for all four meals ($9) covered all the costs of the event, thanks guys for being so generous and giving!!!!!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 pm

if anyone has the auction sheets, I'd love to know how much stuff went for. $166 is awesome for as small as the auction table was this year.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't recall details. But MV's zombie sign was the big winner. I think it alone was responsible for 1/3 of the take from the auction. And even then, it went for a song.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 pm

I think pyg took it for 65 bucks...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:05 am

I PMed bitom, but I can post the results here as well for folks. The sheets were tossed out, but the Zombie sign was a big portion of it 55$-60$ for that.

Then the minis from JP were sold from 6-10$ each.

The beer went for around 5$ each.

The items that were stolen were the LotR snowglobe, the ceramic tankard, the glass flower and the piece of jewerly, each only went for like 3-4$.

The redneck tree I think was 5$.

The BrenCon mug (I got that one!) was another 6$.

Can't recall what else was on there.

A shirt for around 5$ was the other I think.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:28 am

Nice run-down, V! I'll go back through at some future point and fill stuff in.

Raffle was $90 on the nose. I guess the $10 price point for tickets was a big hit.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Also, I owe Bren $27 for merch sales from the cafepress shop.

thElite
Level 2
Level 2

Re: BC2011

Post by thElite » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Sounds like it was fun. Wish I signed up earlier.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: BC2011

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Well, so far we've had one every year, 4 years running, so there is always next year!