Art Contest 2012

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Art Contest 2012

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:33 am

We would like to announce Brennor's RPG Corner Fourth annual art contest! The administration of the site has decided to host another art contest for a new web title banner. I'm talking about the images at the top of the page that says Brennor's RPG Corner. Of course, if you use either of the "At Work" themes, you don't see anything, but that's your problem. We like to spice things up every year and give people a chance to show their stuff. And to do this, we want your help!

So if you are an artist and are looking for something fun to do, here it is! Any member of Brennor's RPG Corner who wants to work on a submission for this is eligible to do so.

Its easy:
  1. Create an original piece of artwork designed to be the title banner for the site.
  2. Send your submission electronically to Bitom via email or PM, Or just post it here. All submissions must be sent in by June 1st to give us enough time vote.
  3. Submissions must be no larger than 650px wide, no larger than 150px tall, no more than 100k file size, and must contain the site's Name: "Brennor's RPG Corner."
  4. Submissions will be posted for all members of the site to vote on. Some previous submissions which fit rule #3 will also be included for voting. Voting will take place in the form of a tournament, with the final round of votes being by secret ballot. Out plan is for a double-elim tournament again this year, but that may change if Bitom finds a slick piece of voting software somewhere.
  5. The winner will be announced at this years BrenCon!
  6. The winner will have his or her banner placed at the top of the site for the next year and also will win a special to be announced prize given out at BrenCon (or sent to you if you can not attend).
  7. The admins reserve the right to disqualify any entry for any reason. Typical reasons will include: violation of contest rules and the use of vulgar or copyrighted material.
All submissions become property of Brennor's RPG Corner and may be used in banner ads or for other really cool uses.

Previous winners and runners up:
  • Original banner: Brennor
  • Original art (No Contest involved): Wargie
  • Contest 1: Doomulus Prime. Runners up: Amaris and Shurijo (sadly, we did not put restrictions on file or image size the first year, and Amaris' awesome logo increased page load-time too much to be used. We learned from our mistakes the next year and Immortalized Amaris' logo on the Reviews Page)
  • Contest 2: Paradoxa. Runner up: Hayabusa.
  • Contest 3: Hayabusa. Runner up: Wargie.
  • Contest 4: Bitom. Runner up: Vardaen
Old submissions will be included in the contest in order to fill out the contest bracket. The oldest ones will fall off the bracket, never to be seen again, BUT old winners and runner-ups who fall off the bracket due to age will qualify for a second, smaller contest for a wildcard slot. In this way, our best art can emerge, zombie-like to rule once more!

The last two years winners (Hayabusa's Blade and Stick Admins) are expressly forbidden from participating in the contest, so you will not be seeing the stick figures again for at least several years once this contest ends.

So: make with the art, people! We have some truly horrible stuff to push out of the bracket
Last edited by Bitom on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Art Contest 2012

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:34 am

and our first piece of art for 2012 is Wargie's piece which missed last year's deadline:

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:02 am

It has been a month since this was posted. Just offering a friendly reminder (I myself forgot or missed this thread).
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri May 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Bump.

I haven't had time to make my own entries for this year, but I have time to harass you about it.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 pm

The Art Contest Thread is located here:

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... =6213.html

Just in case you are like me and keep coming here to find it but can't!

Edit: Link edited so it doesn't take you to the "View Results" page and instead the voting page.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring