Warhammer 40k - 5th Edition Tabletop Miniatures

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Warhammer 40k - 5th Edition Tabletop Miniatures

Post by pygmaelion » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey, Shurijo...

How is your 40k army coming along?
Still feeling up to a game during Brencon 2012?

I know there's supposed to be a new edition coming out ~soooonish~, but I've got no idea what changes they'll be making, so we'd better stick to the ruleset as it stands.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Warhammer 40k - 5th Edition Tabletop Miniatures

Post by Shurijo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm still up for it. I put a base coat on my two boxes, but then I nearly sliced my thumb off trying to cut apart some weapons to make a combi-melta (by slicing various other guns and gluing parts together - it's hard to find a combi-melta by itself, so decided to try and make a couple). After a visit to the ER and some "super-glue" to hold my thumb back together, I took a break from painting and haven't been back. I really need to get back on painting, but now spring is here and I have so much other things to do. I was hoping to finish my squad before winter ended, but didn't get a chance for that.

I'll try to finish up on my first squad and start work on my others. My wife also bought me the Space Wolf Omnibus... so that's on my reading stack. I need to find some time to get back to painting.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:09 am

Looks like I'm not going to have my army ready for Brencon. We're packing up now for a house move in a couple weeks, by the time we finish unpacking, Brencon will be closing in. Sorry bout that, I was hoping to get them painted over the winter, then spring came with lots of projects and now it's summer.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:26 am

The road to the Emperor's Golden Throne is paved with good intentions (and grey plastic).

No sweat.

Maybe I'll take another crack at getting some small forces done up. I'm sure I can field 500 point forces of orks and tyranids, and maybe even a hasty space marine troupe if the paint gods smile upon me. (I'm not J.P., but I did stay at a holiday in once.)

Failing that, there will be more games than we can handle all weekend anyways.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:43 am

Bring the minis, un painted, just to play! JP has a lot of figs too, maybe he can field an army.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:59 am

I only have 1 squad assembled. The rest are still loose bits in my container boxes. The first squad (9 guys, I think) have a base solid layer and bases, just not any of the detail colors.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:44 pm

I have marine painted and assembled. Plus a whole bunch of other minis for tabletop.

Shurijo, you can buy just the combi-weapons for a couple of bucks on ebay. And keep the finger...

What do we need to play? Got a couple of Guard units built and at least a squard or two of marines.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:49 pm

The combi-melta were going for like 10-20$ (each) on eBay, so I figured I'd try to just cut up an unused melta and other combi (non combi-melta) to make my own. :)

My guys don't have arms/weapons mounted on them yet. I still need to do the painting and then glue the rest together (most of model was glued prior to painiting, but some of those guns/arms would have been too hard to paint unless it was painted then glued).

I'm looking forward to reading up on 6th edition. Do you have the new books yet? I haven't bought the books yet.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 pm

If I can make it (hopeful) I'll bring down some Tau as well then!.