BrenCon 2012 T-Shirts?

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: BrenCon 2012 T-Shirts?

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:16 pm

What's the deadline on when we need to have the art uploaded before we can order/print the shirts in time for BrenCon?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:47 pm

I think the design is great, you should upload it as is and enjoy! We have 5 weeks for people to order them so they can get them before BrenCon (Haya we can ship to the US like before to save you cost.)

What's the Koku image for? Something else?

"The worth of a man is measured in his posts." - Moto Vardaen ;)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Vardaen wrote:(Haya we can ship to the US like before to save you cost.)
What the... how the hell did you know I was reading this and thinking JUST THAT?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:55 pm

I was thinking about giving folks a couple of options for shirts, since it's really hard to incorporate all the different games that are played on here. I thought the koku might be a good starting point for another design.

The bottle cap is all well and good, and I like it myself... but I'm not 100% sure it's ~enough~

I have to get some/any of these included on shirts on cafepress, but I haven't tackled that yet.

Progress for the day:
Took day off to handle tree service coming to house, answering questions for them about once an hour.

Inkscape: Learned how to make a bottlecap, and made one. Vectorized Koku

Posted to Association Thread

Worked up a 1750 Ork army list for tonight's miniatures conflagration.

and all before 3 pm!

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Upon further consideration.

I'll clean up that bottlecap a bit more and get it up on cafepress.

I'll then set about handling another design, and getting that up.

If anyone else has a shirt they want made available for other Brennor's enthusiast, I can upload those so long as they're submitted on or by July 15th.

Why July 15th? because as soon as I upload it, folks can order it, but it will take time to print and ship from CafePress. I can still upload designs ~after~ that date, but you might end up getting your shirts after the con unless you pay cafepress for expedited shipping.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 pm

If you're going the beer route, you can check out this site:
http://labeley.com/beer

It has a bunch of templates you can use to build a beer label. You can then save the image and use that image for the t-shirts. I've been playing around with it, there's a few decent designs there.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:49 am

I've been reminded that we're running short of time to order shirts and get our orders in.

As such, I'll be trying to get our cafepress site up and running with all the swag options before the 4th.

I'll be writing myself some notes in this thread, so that whoever handles it next time can benefit from my experience.

The bottlecap featured earlier in the thread is imprisoned on a machine that blew its power supply last week, and it's just as much work to recreate it as it is to retrieve it from the other machine. So, the final version I create tonight will be what goes on the shirts. I'll try to make it as close as possible to the original.
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/i ... _templates

When exporting images, choose .png format instead of .jpg.

Use inkscape (free) to create your images as vector art, then export to an image that is at least 300 dpi

Max recommended upload size is 7 MB

Recommended image size for tshirt is 10" x 10"

HINT: When the section asks you select an image to add to your products, do not choose "add a design" or "upload an image"... instead use the checkbox on the image already uploaded, and choose the text in that image's box marked "Select". It is non obvious that this is the way to properly choose this image and return to your product section.
Last edited by pygmaelion on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:23 am

Following last years "Slap the banner on everything and mark it up one dollar" pattern, I offer:

http://www.cafepress.com/BrennorsRPGCorner

if there's something you want and the banner is cut off, let me know. I ran out of "Give a crap" before I fixed the all.

Proceeds go to the site, as always.

This is distinct from Pyg's brencon swag.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:42 am

Well, now you've done it.

I've spent a perfectly good evening trying to come up with designs, and I ended up with three of them.

http://www.cafepress.com/brencon2012

After much futzing about, I have opted to follow Bitom's "I'd buy that for a dollar" plan, and sell these items on to you for a markup of one buckaroo, which will go to Brennor.

Got a special request? I'll do my best to make it so, keeping in mind:

-CafePress doesn't have the same range of colors for both genders as far as I can tell.

- That which looks fine on a shirt, bag, or mug may look strange on a hat, sticker, or button.

- My time is somewhat limited, so I'll do my best.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 pm