BrenCon 2012 T-Shirts?

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: BrenCon 2012 T-Shirts?

Post by Bitom » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Shurijo wrote:Now I'm wondering if the admins will look good on the darker image since they use black lines. I could change the color of the lines to a gray or white and that might look better on darker things. Or maybe I could just put a white outline/fade around everyone...
My (limited) experience with cartoon images is that if they are on a light background, they need defining lines, but on a dark one, the contrast between the dark and the color is usually enough unless the two colors are the same. If you put light lines around them, it looks like a halo, and is a little weird unless that's what you're going for.

On the other hand, if you want to see my current art skills, look at the banner at the top of this page, so... you know.. grain of salt.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:52 pm

I have added the Color Image with White Text as a sub directory now and imported all the items.

So you should be able to get:

All the great BrenCon 2012 Swag! Thanks pyg, remember BC2012 items will not be available after BrenCon2012 (or not for long after).

The Admin Deluxe items in the follower designs:

Color Image, Black Text
Color Image, White Text
Black & White Image (black text)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:20 pm

The Admin delux images are getting some new options, and maybe some more text and such, so you may want to hold off on buying them for a while.

Get your BrenCon swag before BrenCon, the Delux Admin stuff will remain up for a long time.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm

How fast did the cafepress stuff get delivered last year? I just bought a shirt at BrenCon 2011, so I didn't order anything online. I might just order it online this time.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 pm

If my memory is right (and I always doubt it is) it takes just a couple of days. Last year mine was ordered, I think 2 days before Brencon and it arrived on Monday after Brencon. But I could be wrong.

However, I remember that the first couple of shirts were pretty bad and had to be replaced.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 pm

They ship decently fast. Less than a week, at least.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 pm

The first shirts had the wrong date on them (Bitom's mistake) and when we called about them, they sent us replacement shirts for free. So I got a May and a June shirt for the price of one!

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Hayabusa wrote:However, I remember that the first couple of shirts were pretty bad and had to be replaced.
Vardaen wrote:The first shirts had the wrong date on them (Bitom's mistake) and when we called about them, they sent us replacement shirts for free. So I got a May and a June shirt for the price of one!
Also, Pyg got a defective shirt, which they also replaced for free. My experience with Cafepress is that their stuff is generally good quality, and when something goes wrong, they handle the situation.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:00 pm

I have finished adding some new items to the store. Unless we get some requests I'll probably leave it as is.

http://www.cafepress.com/brencon2012

You can go into the Admin Delux area and find several subsections

Black and White Only
White Text (for dark shirts)
Bitom Only
Brennor Only
TetNak Only
Trogdor Only
Vardaen Only

The admins may customize their own sections beyond this, I don't know, so keep an eye out.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 pm

I see two somehow similar shirts, both labelled as "Brennor Admin - White Text Dark T-Shirt" but with different subtitles. One as "Brennor Admins Color" and the other as "Brennor Admin White Text". But that's the only difference because both are of the same price and have the same color and size options. However, one artwork looks a little bit better than the other... Has there been a tiny update? Which one IS the better one?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."