Bren Con 2013 - Beer, Cider, Brew Thread

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Bren Con 2013 - Beer, Cider, Brew Thread

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Hey all,

Similar to last year, let's get a thread started so we can see what we may have in store.

Last year, I brought a couple boxes of mixed local beer (Rock Art, and something else I forgot), along with Heady Topper, and some boxes of Woodchuck cider and a few single 750ml bottles of Citizen Cider, and a couple others. I probably won't be bring as much as I did last year, so any help would be great :)

I'll probably bring a few more local VT craft beer, maybe another mixed box or two, and some cider (since that seems what majority enjoys). I'll probably bring some more Heady Topper and select bottles of higher-end, limited release cider (Citizen Cider, Shelburne Orchards, Champlain Orchards, and whatever else is on shelves before I leave).

As far as beer and cider goes, if you remember what you drank last year, please let me know if it was good or bad. I'll try to bring a good variety of beer and cider, trying to find stuff that you can't buy in Binghamton.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a homebrew for the event, it's small batch, so just makes about 10 beer. Any recommendations for styles? Currently have a honey citrus IPA conditioning in bottles now and a Gose in my primary fermenter.

P.S.S. Also, if there's anyone who's looking for a specific VT beer\cider for beer trades (or for a +10 Vorpal Scimitar), let me know via PM. We can try to set up something, if it's something I can find.
Last edited by Shurijo on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Bren Con 2013 - Beer, Cider, Brew Thread

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:29 pm

I could try to bring a carry on full of beer.

As far as my personal favorites, I like Double IPAs, or really any IPAs.

To be honest, I like just about any beer excluding Light domestics, so don't bring me any Bud Light ;)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm

TetNak, I'll try and save you a Heady Topper or even a four pack of it. If you like DIPAs then you'll love Heady Topper.

I'm not sure they'll allow a carry on of beer.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:01 pm

They allow it, I've seen it many times before.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 pm

I think that I've found our official BrenCon beer. It's imported from Germany just like Haya & Max.

language nsfw
http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/06/ ... emium.html
http://beerpulse.com/2013/06/fucking-aw ... roved-727/

Label was just approved for sale within US (some states like AL or ME might reject it). I hope to see it in stores before BrenCon so I can grab a few.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Anybody want to swing by and pick up some Trooper...

Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Shurijio you live in VT? Heady Topper!? You're my new best friend. I've got someone making a run in 2 weeks to get me a case!

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Gabrian, if they don't know where to find it, let me know. I have a list of secret stashes scattered around town that I'm trying to keep up to date. (Besides the brewery of course) The canning days are now M, T, W so they should have some in stock on those days. They'll sell out faster this week due to July 4th, but they've increased capacity and now usually have beer at least until Thursday or Friday. Also, the week of the VT Brew Fest will probably be sold out quick, so make sure your friends plan ahead. (or let me know and I can try and pick up a case for you and your friends can stop by and just pay me for it)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm

You guys might consider carpooling, you are both New England perhaps you are close enough to make it worth while.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Definitely not on the carpooling. I'm in CT, so I would have to head North big time, then west big time. Probably would double my travel time. I appreciate that Shurijo, I'll be in contact! Also, I'll have to grab some CT brews if I end up being able to make it. I know we're not as well known down here for our beer, but is there anything anyone knows of they might like? Or maybe some Onyx Moonshine, since it's made within walking distance of my home.