Brencon 2014 (Rochester Edition)

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Brencon 2014 (Rochester Edition)

Post by Bitom » Tue May 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Friday, September 12th through Sunday, September 14th at Casa Bitom in Henrietta, NY.

Site features:
  • At least 3, possibly 5 or more individual gaming areas.
  • Ample Parking across the street.
  • Decently large amounts of accommodations for travelling players. (Preference given to those who travel farthest)
    • 2 Spare Bedrooms with Full-size beds
    • Largeish, sleepable couch
    • Large empty attic space that can be camped in if the temperature permits.
    • Other attendees from Rochester may also offer accommodations. (I believe that Wayloss and Micro already have, and I may be able to prod a couple of my non-site gaming group to open their doors)
  • Gas Grill (Spiedies!)
  • Room for a fire bowl and Werewolf
  • Large Deck that will hopefully have some seating by September. We'll see how my project list goes.
  • Large dog to pet.
I will be doing things a little differently this year: No admission fee, but some tables, chairs, and lighting will be bought and/or rented. The cost of these things will be taken from the pool of Donation/Auction/Raffle money. Overflow will be handed to Bren for the site fund, underflow will be eaten by Bitom. Please donate to help avoid underflow. Treat it like a "Suggested Donation." I don't want an admission fee to keep anyone out, but I think that if everybody throws 5 or 10 bucks into the bucket, we'll be sitting pretty. Items bought with site money will be treated as owned by the site. Whose house they live at will be determined later.

There will also likely be a bunch of non-site-members in attendance. Maybe we'll recruit some new players, maybe not. Either way, we should not have any difficulty populating games.

Food: Officially, no food will be provided. People are welcome and encouraged to bring food to share, and Bitom will almost certainly be one of the people who do so. There is a good Chinese food place and a convenience store across the street. Pretty much any type of (American) food you can want is within 10 minutes drive.

Also... if someone in Binghamton wants to put together a traditional Brencon... Awesome! Just avoid my weekend. :mrgreen:

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Brencon 2014 (Rochester Edition)

Post by Brennor » Tue May 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Cool, We'll be there. Set the weekend aside.

We'll be bringing:
  • A crap ton of spiedies
  • 2 folding 6' banquet tables
  • metric crapton of games
Why not a metric crapton of spiedies you ask? There is only so much room in the Vue!
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue May 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Good to hear, marked it off :)
As mentioned any travelers that are infant/cat friendly can hit up our couch/spare bed in basement. (The Futon is still there Bitom) but the beds foremerly kept in our spare bedroom (Now Baby's room) are in the basement and can be set up.

micro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by micro » Wed May 28, 2014 12:11 am

As Wayloss mentioned, we have a small amount of space for anyone who is infant and cat friendly. We can likely provide a folding table, 10x12 tent (the same one we brought last year), possibly some chairs as well as some food items. Which food items will probably be weather dependent. I can do something like a macaroni salad if it is warm, or pasta and red sauce (is my Italian showing?) if it is cooler out.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Looks like we're going to be able to get chairs and maybe tables at minimal cost from the Masons. (It's good to have friends in the Illuminati!)

I'll still need to rent lighting, and I haven't asked my SCA people if I can borrow a pavilion yet. But it looks like we're moving right along toward getting everything together that we need for a Brencon at minimal price.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:14 pm

I have secured Giant tentage. Only lighting is left to go, and I have some ideas on that which may not cost the Site anything (I need some lights for my guest rooms, so if I can find the right ones, I'll buy them myself, and won't charge Brens for them.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Very cool... though if we do have to spring for lights, they weren't very expensive at all. Something like $25 for the weekend last time.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

micro
Level 2
Level 2

Post by micro » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 am

Brencon 2014 is getting ever closer and we should probably figure out some T-shirt art for this year. I am definitely not artistic nor clever and no where near good enough with computer art to generate something for us, but I know there are some of you out there who are awesome at that stuff.

Something to get the creative juices flowing for all you creative types, maybe something with "This is how we roll" and some dice or something much more clever than that?

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:59 pm

I'll leave the T-shirts to those more capable, but we are coming up toward the date. So lets try a head-count:

The G+ event currently has 8 attendees (All from the site, if you count Brennor's whole family as being "From the site") and 4 maybes (Mostly my friends from outside the site.)

The Facebook Event lists pretty much the same people.

From offline sources, I've heard positive things from maybe 5 more people, only one of whom is a site member.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Not in the cards for me this year. I'm re-siding my house, extra cash goes to that.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name