Suggestions, Comments

The OOC forum for the Crimson Empire game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Suggestions, Comments

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:46 pm

So I was chatting with Tet and he commented on how he doesn't like the dungeon crawl sort of stuff in the CE game. I wanted to see what you other guys thought of things so far. I know it can get slightly repetative with the "I follow Ryoko to the next room".

So I might suggest you spruce up your RP with party chatter, investigative RP along the way, and generally try and add something more to the 'follow' RP.

For my part I have been doing groups of rooms at a time, instead of you got to room 1, look around, then room 2, look around, etc, as you've probably noticed.

To help keep us moving, once a direction is picked by one party member and someone moves that way I'll move us forward. I won't wait for all three of you to say "I go left" if anyone of you does that's good enough for me.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Suggestions, Comments

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Sounds great to me! And the animated weapons are brilliant. Makes me think of playing Magic and the Artifact card that was a Dancing Sword or something. Or even some weird wall o' blades or something! I love em', they just hurt... :(
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 pm

I think the dancing weapons will spark some kind of discussion. It'll be interesting what kind of conclusions our characters come to about them.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Great.

My real concern here is the 'dungeon crawl' environment itself. The content of the kyuden is fun and the history behind it I think is cool which will come out as you continue to explore.

Tet was uninterested in the exploring aspect of it and I was curious if you guys were as well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm good with the exploration, the only possible issue would be if it felt forced. Currently, there's only three ways we could go (left, right, or upstairs), so maybe it's a little narrow, but I don't think that there's been enough of that to create any kind of problems.

I'm loving the history (I think I've figured out where we are and what's going on) and am looking forward to it being revealed, though I expect you're going to throw us a curve ball of some sort. That's one of the attractions of Rokugan for me, the deep history and how it's always right around the corner if you want to look for it.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:49 pm

It may be slightly narrow in scope, one reason is to prevent us from crawling through the area taking up too many months.

I'd love to hear what you think is going on, ICly or OOCly.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:36 pm

We talked already, and discovered that my suspicions were right! Awesome! This side adventure will be huge for the Nightingale and helping them along with their endevours. I like the way this is all going and certainly goes along with Ryoko's love of getting into trouble and testing his skills... :)
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:40 pm

I wanted to mention that if anyone wanted to take Allies Advantage, now would be a fine time (Nightingale, or Niban, etc). I will charge you normal cost (not double like it mentions for post char gen).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:46 pm

Just incase someone is interested:

Allies: Niban/Nightingale
Influence: 1 Minor (Ronin Village)
Devotion: 1, 2, or 4 Depending on how much you spend, but he will go up to a 4 espcially since you are Nighitngale now basically.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Hmmm, reconsidering really, you problably should have this for free. Atleast Influence 1, Devotion 1 for free, just as members, so if you want it higher, you'll have to buy it.