Shadow of life

This place is where the old posts from About Our Games are posted. The games here are in the graveyard.
od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Shadow of life

Post by od » Fri May 23, 2008 6:13 pm

When white wolf began publishing the World of Darkness there were many systems, there was vampire, changeling, werewolf, and then there was Wraith. No game quite embodied the world of darkness the way Wraith did. It was darker than any other setting, more emotional, more powerful. But it was a hard game for the inexperienced and required players who could really get into their characters, who could build a soul not just put dots on paper, and then watch as that soul descended into darkness and tragedy.

Wraith, with all of the things that made it better was an advanced setting if ever White Wolf wrote one.

Wraith is about some one who died but had things in life worth living for. Wraith is about trying to survive in a scary, and strange new world while still trying to protect the loved ones and things still out in the world you've been removed from. Its a game where being alone is certain demise, but being in a group risks revealing the secrets that keep you alive.

This game Shadow of Life focuses on the transition from the world of the living to the world of the dead, starting when the PCs cauls are removed and they are ripped screaming into the shadowlands. It is intended to ease players into the system and the setting, but it is not meant to weaken or degrade the elements that make wraith so powerful. As PCs and players players are intended to grow together, and learn the harsh lessons of undeath together.

If you have not roleplayed before I do not recommend beginning with this game. If you have roleplayed before, and enjoy rich characters and settings I highly recommend it.

If you're interested let me know. System knowledge is not required, books are not required. There are currently 2 open slots for this game.