Book One: All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter

It is the year 3010 of the Third Age in Middle-earth. One after another, ancient horrors awake, called by their master, Sauron, the Lord of the Rings. This is a time when heroes are needed, to protect the Free People and keep the evil at bay. This is high fantasy in a setting where there is low obvious magic using the HARP system.

Run by the Ringwraith Grimbold
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Setting up an ambush

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Vardanil sneers, "He clicks his tongue once, and then drops his cloak to the ground, the signal he's used in the past. "You know what..." he stalks forward, "I'll tell you where Baracharn gets us." His sword in hand already, he walks right up to the messanger as close as he can, "Baracharn doesn't get us anyplace, because..." he then attempts to cut the saddle straps off the messanger's saddle and reaches up to try and pull the man down from the horse. "...I KILLED BARACHARN! ATTACK!"
I'm hoping to dismount the rider, cutting the saddle, and yanking him down all in one surprise action. Please please please please."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Hearing the rangers yell the stout Dwarf pushes his feet into the ground, rolling to his shoulder on the rock as he quickly moves to his feet. Hammer in hand he puts his head down, and begins charging forward at the unsuspecting group.
I don't know if I'll actually get to act or not in the "surprise round" but posting just in case.

Either way I know I won't be able to get the rest of the way up, charge in and attack. So just moving closer if possible.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:40 pm

The 'captured hobbit' mentioned pops his head up in surprise, not exactly recognizing the preferred signal. Supposing that the time has come for action, he loads a stone into his sling and sets it to whirling. Not used to combat situations, he takes his time taking aim and figuring out what is going to happen.
Load sling. Full round action aiming at one of the half-orc crossbowmen? Am I within range?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 pm

Velethahl sees the signal and shoots for the half-orc loading his crossbow as quickly as he can draw back his bow.
Draw and fire at one of the half-orcs.

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:43 am

Also Melvan shoots his arrow on the half-orc with the crossbow as soon as he notice the signal.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The End

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Sorry for the long delay and holding you up - but I do not have the time to do this right and I feel my motivation for this sinking, and I am having a harder and harder time making this fun and interesting for everyone. So I will put this game on hold and - perhaps - resurrect it when I have more time and motivation. I do eventually plan to get this going again. Perhaps as soon as October. Until then - RIP.

Thanks everyone for playing - you have done so well. Sorry for any inconveniences this is causing.

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Re: The End

Post by Melvyst » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm

:(

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 pm

:(

I have enjoyed this game alot. M-e is such a good world and I thought you did the setting justice Grimbold. It has been one of the better M-e games I've ever been in.

I am sad to see it go, but sort of saw it coming with the activity level. For what its worth I think we would have whooped on these guys ;)

I'll graveyard this game and later on you can let and admin know to bring it back to life if it happens.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 pm

I'll give the other folks a chance to post a reply here before graceyarding it tomorrow or so.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 pm

I'd also like to give a hearty thank you to Grimbold for running this game. Even though I was only involved for a short time, it was a lot of fun. I look forward to the day you re-start this game. But until then, your efforts and imagination have been much appreciated.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."