Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Werewolf

Post by Amaris » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:46 am

I would have hung you! I nominated you!
Sign me up for the next game.
I hope the werewolves get diarrhea!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:14 am

The ghost of the town scribe appears. "Ardh05, I'm just wondering, but what made you decide to go with and hang Apoctheosis. Bitom was proven by G(od) to be the sage. Thus, everything he said was likely, more so than anyone else's proclamations, to be true. Though, Tet, I do have to commend you for making me think you were the sage for a bit, until Bit died."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:33 pm

I have one thing to add to what deadman said: I did not take any risk in selecting him to tell. I scanned him the first night. The sage asks first.

As to why I chose Tet, it was mostly luck. I was almost certain V was a werewolf by the way he was voting, and when Deadman gave me a way to test him without using my power, I decided to select someone else.

Deadman suggested Amaris, but I had an edge there. She had asked a question that I didn't think a werewolf would ask, about what happened if the werewolves killed each other. If she had been a werewolf, her role would have been explained to her by od, and she would have known it was impossible. She might have been just playing at ignorance to fool us, but I took the chance.

So I looked at the voting history and noticed Tet was holding his vote till last and going with the crowd. This is a tactic that I frequently use as a werewolf, so I checked him out.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:48 pm

What you didn't know going on in the background was the alliance that I had with Amaris and ardh05 to never nominate or vote for one another. We had convinced each other that we were not the werewolves (obviously a lie on my part) and with Tet's vote that gave a fairly solid block of 4 right from the start.

I was able to be agressive, which, if you notice my 16,000+ post count, I'm ALWAYS agressive, in any game I play, in any format. So if I was the Sage I would have been trying to hang someone, or if I was a villager even. I did however vote to not hang someone, so I was just as non-thirsty as you all, since according to several sites, NOT hanging someone at the start in such a small game is Villager suicide it claims.

"Hestitation is the seed of defeat." -- The Tao of Shinsei

Plus the PMs that were going around I was pretty confident, even with my agressive attitude that we WWs could manage this. I do admit, we talked about Deadman's 'sage advise' being a trap and we were going to eat Bitom first thing, but changed our minds at the last minute. Him being the sage was just a kicker and I ca't believe we all nearly hung him right out.

Anyhow, this was fun.

I think the rules need to be put down a bit more clearly, when you can and cann't talk, if you can vote to not hang, nomination limits, etc. Plus not allowing people not in the game to not post (we need a Subforum and a Player group for this -- admins will have to set it up).

I also think that we should have a winner from the winning team lead the game for the next time. Sort of the prize for winning. I know od wants to run it again, and I'm cool with that, but lets have 1 winner lead us in the next, so od can play, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Bitom wrote: I was almost certain V was a werewolf by the way he was voting,
Don't be surprised if I'm just as agressive as the Sage or Villager...

I'm not one to sit around and not play if I'm playing in something. Not voting is what caused you guys to loose, really, so careful suggesting certain tactics mean certain things.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:59 pm

I'm shocked really. I thought for certain the werewolves were done. It seemed clearly Tet was a werewolf and would die, and I thought Var had sealed his own fate by seconding Tet's nomination, when it was clear Tet was a wolf...

Any way, I am going to request a subforum and a group to try to keep some semblance of order...for example being able to delete all the debate posts after the vote would have helped.

Also, because of the numbers in the game I am strongly considering introducing the bodyguard role. As it stands the villagers have a considerable numbers disadvantage. But we'll see who signs up. I'll create a new sign up thread.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm

What's the advantage to the villagers hanging someone the first night? That seems counterproductive. Without the sage to start feeding information a random shot is more likely to kill a villager, and possibly even eliminate the sage.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 pm

DM: the sage acts first. he already has information the first night.

He's not going to reveal himself that early, but his knowledge does give the villagers a small edge.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Its all about getting information, and villagers gain the most information from people dieing (sounds odd I know) and from the way others vote. Seeing people vote in a block helps alot, discussing things helps, the sage may have identified some one.

It really does help, but it can be jsut as effective to have several votes where no one hangs (such as in this case). But *shrugs* the game is all about deception, so the more information you can glean the better.