Werewolf

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Werewolf

Post by od » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 pm

So, this would probably require a subforum just cause it would require a thread a "day".

Werewolf (sometimes called mafia) is a fairly well known and simple game, but I'll explain the rules.

In the simplest incarnation of the game there are 3 roles that people can have, werewolf, villager, or seer.

There are two "phases" to the game night and day. During the day, everyone discusses who they think might be a werewolf and make nominations. Once any nomination has been seconded the village votes and if a majority agrees, the person nominated is hung (dies). Hopefully, the villagers have found and killed a werewolf, luckily when a person is dies they reveal thier nature.

During the night everyone goes to sleep. At this time the sage wakes up and selects one villager whom they think might be a werewolf. The person running the game gives a positive or negative response and thy go back to sleep.

Then the werewolves wake up and select a victim to eat. Whoever they select will be found dead in the morning.

The villagers, and sages, goal is to find the werewolves. The werewolves want to continue until they are the majority. All jobs are secret, so even if the sage finds a werewolf they need to convince the game that THEY are the sage.

The first night the sage wakes up and checks a test, the werewolves however eat no one, the first death is instead a village hanging.

So, the game requires I know everyone that wants to play the first round. Reply int he thread if you are interested and I'll plan on starting on Tuesday (if there is enough interest).

On the boards, I pm everyone what they are, and werewolves and the sage will have to pm me their selections each night. There will likely be 2 werewolves, they should reach a consensus on who they eat before PMing me. I expect each "day" to take 2 days of real time, but if people vote quickly it could go faster. Nights will probably go very fast.

Apoctheosis
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Werewolf

Post by Apoctheosis » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:47 pm

Hmm, this seems interesting. I be interested. :)

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:32 am

Love this game live... lets try it here.

Of interest, do you know the mass of optional rules we invented/found? (Angels, for example)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:50 am

I'm up for trying this...

(gathering my pitch forks and torches)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:50 am

I'm game
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:53 am

I know a massive amount of optional rules.. but I'm going to start basic.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:44 am

od wrote:I know a massive amount of optional rules.. but I'm going to start basic.
fair enough... just wanted to see if they would eventually come into play

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:24 am

I'm interested

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Aroooooooooo! I'm in!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:46 pm

I'm interested. Do the villagers have to select someone to kill each day? And how many sages are there?