Werewolf

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Werewolf

Post by od » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 pm

ardh is mia at the moment which causes problems.

I must say I've never before had this happen since, well the game just doesn't work that way.

I'm 99% sure I know what his vote today would be...but I could still be wrong. As a learning game goes I tihnk this was well enough, but I currently have no solution to this issue.

Next game I'll implement something to keep something like this from happening again.

Unless everyone protests this game will end at the end of the day, and I'll start a signup thread for the next round. Also, I'm going to request a subforum and a group for this game, so whoever is running has a little mroe control over the thread.

This game will be considered a tie in that situation.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:04 am

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while... RL's been real crazy for me.

Anyways, I vote Yeah for hanging Apoctheosis... if it's not too late... I'd like the learning game to go on, if possible.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:28 am

Mwhahahaha
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:57 am

Excellent, this means that with ardh05's post (arriving before the end of the day), that Apoco has been hung!

Vardaen watches as the noose tightens around the man's neck, the moment the man is swinging from the gallows the chicken farmer glances over at TetNak with a wide shit eating grin on his face...

In the background some terrible music starts to play... is that "Who Let The Dogs Out"? I think it is....
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:14 am

Now that the game's over, let me make an observation for those who were playing for the first time.

It's bad when you accidentally kill the sage. No doubt about it. But at least once he's dead, you know that you can believe what he said. At that point it's key that you listen to his last words.

At the start of the game you run into the problem that you don't know who the sage is, since admitting you're the sage when there's more than one werewolf around is tantamount to committing suicide by werewolf. That means that you have to look with suspicion on what anyone says. Are they the sage? A werewolf? A villager? You never know. But that uncertainty ends once the sage is dead.

In the present case, you had a choice of who to believe when Bitom was accused. Bitom said that Tet was the werewolf; Tet said that Bitom was the werewolf. In fact, Bitom said that once you killed him, you'd know the truth. But then you ignored that truth.

You chose wrong in deciding who to hang. But that, in itself, wasn't fatal. Once you learned that Bitom was the sage, you should have known that he was telling the truth when he said that Tet was a werewolf. As a result, Tet should have been the person you hanged the next day.

Of course you might not have figured out that V was the other werewolf before it was too late. But at least you would have had a fighting chance. As it was, by choosing someone other than Tet, you ran the risk of hanging the wrong person. And, in fact, that's just what happened.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:21 am

That's why I immediately nominated someone and had Var second it. I just needed one person to vote wrong.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:28 am

Quickly pouring a tumblerful of arsenic laced with silver nitrite, the old village hag gulps down the powdery poisonous concoction. "I'll best you were-demons yet!" she cries.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:30 am

Var and Tet eat Amaris. Too bad.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:03 am

The spectral form of Deadman (his name now quite appropriate) materializes in the village. He shakes his silvery transparent head in sad dissaproval as the remaining humans are messily devoured.

The ghost explains what happened to the dying villagers: "The important thing to remember is that everyone who isn't a werewolf is trying to help all the humans. So as soon as you figure out that someone is not a werewolf you have to assume they're acting in your best interest.

The game started off with Bitom taking a chance and telling me he was the sage the first day. He took a risk there in trusting me, but the odds of my randomly being one of the two werewolves was small. Fortunately I wasn't one.

I didn't know if I could trust Bitom but I decided to take his word for the time being because if he was not the sage I would have found out as soon as his predictions didn't pan out. Suspecting that Vardaen was a werewolf because he had been eagerly trying to get us to kill Bitom early on I lied and told Vardaen that I was the sage, and then told Bitom about my lie to Vardaen.

Bitom was going to check and see if Vardaen was a werewolf but we knew if I died since I only lied to Vardaen about being the sage that meant that Vardaen was probably the wolf. This freed up Bitom to scan another villager.

As it turns out this ploy worked. Vardaen believed I was the sage and the werewolves killed me instead, sparing our sage for the first night. Bitom scanned Tetnak (I don't know why he suspected him but it was apparently the right choice) and discovered he was the lycanthrope.

By day two our sage knew the identities of both werewolves. He knew Tetnak by directly scanning him, and he knew Vardaen was the werewolf unless I had been killed entirely at random.

Bitom revealed himself the next day knowing that he would die, but hoping that he would be believed and have a werewolf hung. Once he was killed and revealed as the sage you should have immediately hung Tetnak as the certain werewolf, and the next day hung Vardaen as the probable werewolf."

With that the ghost vanishes into nothing with the howling of the wind.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:18 am

I agree with deadman. Too bad I was so good looking no one would hang me!