Werewolf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Werewolf

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:12 pm

Well we only need a second to call a vote. If I remember right, thus begins the trial. I, and only I am allowed to speak in my defense? OD?

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Bitom gets to make a quick blurb on why you shouldn't kill him, and then we vote. A majority vote is required to kill him (so 5 with 8 currently in the village).

Until the vote is complete others need to refrain from comments. Bit doesn't get a vote, it is just assumed he'd have voted to not die.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 pm

I am not a werewolf, but based on the rules of the game, I have no way to prove that.

Instead, I call upon statistics:
2 of us are werewolves, so there is a 25% chance that whomever we lynch is one of them.
1 of us is the sage, there is a 12.5% chance that we lynch the sage.

I am the only experienced player. Presumably, this means I am more likely to be useful to whichever side I am on. There is a 75% chance that I am not a werewolf. and a 12.5% chance that I am the sage.

Thus I am the WORST choice currently before us for lynching.

Additionally, if I am the sage, I will not be permitted to reveal what I have learned during the night if I am lynched.

During this vote, I encourage you to watch carefully who votes what. In all likelihood two of the people who vote for my death are the Werewolves. All of the statistics which say that I should NOT be chosen by the villagers make it very clear that the werewolves SHOULD choose me. They have no chance of choosing the wrong people. They know who they are.

Do not make this mistake. In all likelihood, the werewolves will kill me tonight. Don't do their work for them.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:21 pm

It was asked, "What happens if the one werewolf attacks the other? - That would be cool!"

My answer is, that can't happen. Werewolves know who the other werewolves are. They decide as a group who to eat each night.

Also as a note, be careful what you say in or about this thread, it can reveal much.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:22 pm

And what if you /are/ the werewolf?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:27 pm

If you were the werewolf would you tell us?
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Unfortunatly for me, this is not a conversation... the structure of the game is:
  1. Someone nominates
  2. someone seconds
  3. the accused argues/pleads for his life
  4. people vote
I am not permitted to answer you, Tet. Nor, do I believe that you all are permitted to discuss. the discussion is supposed to happen BEFORE someone is put on the block.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:42 pm

We have not heard a peep out of a few villagers....
Deadman, ARD, and Apocotheosis 2 of whom haven't been active...
Could being silent indicate guilt?
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:54 pm

[edited because of below post]

Whoops. NAY.
Last edited by Deadman on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:58 pm

Guys, Bitom is accurately stating the proccess. Once the voting starts ONLY the accussed gets to argue.

That has happened. No more posts to this thread should be made besides YEAH or NAY until the vote has been resolved. Such in depth conversation needs to happen BEFORE a vote starts.