Werewolf Round 5 Signup

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Werewolf Round 5 Signup

Post by Kilroy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:08 am

Time for round 5 of Werewolf!!

I am not ready to host a game, so I am just going to be a player.

Who would like to host this time around?

Who would like to be a player?

Any ideas for themes?
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Werewolf Round 5 Signup

Post by Deadman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:23 am

I can host again. It's probably my turn and I only hosted the last third of a game or so.

Mafia and undercover cops? Werewolves are the police.

Alien invasion, humans vs. pod people?

Any other ideas?

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:31 am

I've also volunteered to host, but I'm willing to take the next one if DM wants a go. I like the humans Vs pod people idea.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:52 am

I'll play again this round.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:03 am

You can host if you like Bitom. I prefer playing, I'm happy to take my turn as host though.

We could do pod people. Want to make it in a city? A farm town? Or we could reenact The Thing and set it in an antarctic research base.

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 am

I'm in

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:10 am

Melvyst, you suggested trying a round with no pming, just forum discussion. That will probably be really damn hard for the villagers but I think we should experiment with it. I think we'd need additional villager roles to make up for that. The sage not being able to tell people that they're the sage is a major major disadvantage.

What does everyone think about having two wolves and in addition to the sage and bodyguard adding this role:

Witness - Each night the witness guesses who the wolves will kill. If they guess correctly they learn the identity of a wolf. If they guess wrong they get no information.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:15 pm

I'd suggest, keeping the roles as is and no PMs.

It's harder and easier all at once, because the werewolves need to talk more, and thus give more away. Its the way I've always played the game, and its always seems harder to win as the werewolves than as the villagers.

In the most basic version of the game I've played (I want to call it standard honestly) there are just the wolves, the sage and the villagers. The sage is there to balance out the wolves knowing each other, the extra roles generally just add some interesting flavor.

As a note. No PMs means no PMs, werewolves don't get to chat either. The only discussion they'd be allowed would a "point and confirm" during the night phase. Basically one suggests a player to kill (no reason just a name) and the other gives a yes or no answer until agreement is reached.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:22 pm

OK, DM... I'll take this one... you get the next.

I like the antarctic research base from The Thing... we'll run with that.

Roles will be based on the number of people, stay tuned for that. Since there are a limited number of rooms in the base, it's almost impossible to be alone with someone.

No PM's. No chat. Don't talk about the game outside of the game thread. Lets get trained for Brencon, where sitting around a table together prevents chatter. Infectees don't chat either. They PM me with who they individually want to kill, and if they don't agree, I send them PM's saying who the other one pointed at until they agree on someone.

The first rule of werewolf is you do not talk about werewolf. The second rule of werewolf is you do not talk about werewolf. Third rule: sign up now.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:29 pm

IN
I like pie.