Werewolf, round five

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Werewolf, round five

Post by Bitom » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:12 pm

There are only 8 people in North Pole station when the dog attacks the cook. Both are killed, but it's shown that the dog was infected with something unknown. Immediatly, everyone's blood is tested, the computer begins printing out the results:

Code: Select all

Testing begun 6/20/06
Testing indicates 2 infected individuals listed below
suddenly, the transformer outside explodes as the driving wind blows the chopper into it, all of the computer and radio equipment if fried instantly along with your only means of escape.

Your only chance of survival is to identify the two infected people. rescue won't be coming for months.

(Soft-rp game on, day will officially begin once the sage has tested someone)

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Werewolf, round five

Post by Deadman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 pm

RJ McDeady burns the dog's remains with a flamethrower. The Dog-Thing writhes and sprouts tentacles in an attempt to shapeshift but shrivels to ash under the withering heat.

"It didn't just get the dog. It got two of us. They could be any of you." He keeps his grip firmly on the handle of the flamethrower.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 pm

"Go damn it!" Gina explodes as the transformer blows. She savagely kicks the table, moving it a good 6 inches with the effort.

"We'll have to be careful until we get this sorted." She looks at the burning dog- thing with a bit of wistfulness. "Poor Jr. he was a good dog."
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:51 pm

Game on fully, Geneticist has tested someone.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:07 pm

Barry, the hapless tourist who is at the place for no other reason than sheer accident looks around and the members of the arctic research lab. "Yeah so, funny thing I'm actually a geneticist. I got a swab from Gina (connie) the other day and guess what. It tested positive.

I say we lock her out in the freezing cold.

Any hardened natives wanna watch my back tonight it'd be appreciated.
In summary, I'm the sage ....again...and I tested Connie and she is a werewolf, any bodyguard protection tonight is most welcome

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:07 pm

"All I know is that I'm not a Thing. I'm not going to say if I'm the one with the science kit or not. If our scientist reveals themself they'll get picked off next by it. And these quarters are so close that everything will be overheard. There's no chance of a private message, or pm as they say in the arctic research biz.

We won't know who the scientist is unless we make a mistake and kill them, but that could happen. We need to plan ahead in case the scientist dies.

"Right now the scientist knows the identity of one person they can trust, probably. Otherwise they know one person the Wolf-Thing infected. But they can't give us any explicit clues or they'll be killed. So I say we provide a cover for them to secretly tell us things."

"Each day we'll say two names. For everyone but the scientist it'll just be two names picked at random. For the scientist though they'll say the name of whoever they scanned last night, and one unscanned person. If you scanned a Thing though just mention two unscanned people. That way, if we ever kill the scientist we'll at least have all those names as clues of people the scientist either cleared or didn't confirm as a wolf."

"I suggest two names instead of one because otherwise if one of us picks a Thing they'll know we're not the scientist, and have a better chance of killing him (or her). We need to give the scientist a chance of pointing out a Thing too."

"I'll go first. Now remember, if I'm not the scientist these are just two completely random names..."

"Ahem. Melvyst and od"

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Gina looks at Barry with a mix of horror and shock in her face- "Me?" she squeaks.

She looks at the other members of her team before continuing, "None of this happened until YOU joined us. Was it really an accident that brought you here? Or did you sense some food and fun out here?"
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:18 pm

I didn't know we had anyone trained in combat, but if so that makes your future seem brighter Barry od. I say we kill Gina Connie. If she isn't a Thing we'll kill od tomorrow. This seems straightforward. I'm going to go ahead and nominate Gina. Sorry if you're not one of them. Anyone second?

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 pm

"I dont know about this, and I dont beleive in such monsters" the old mechanic says.

He works on the doors and locks making sure they are steady for the thing to be trapped outside.

"How do we know that the "scientist" is not the thing himself"
can a player lie about his role? making it difficult to identify him as the warwolf? sorry still new to this warwolf thing

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Yes, yes they can.
Well if Od says he's the scientist that leads me to beleive he is, and connie is a werewolf.

Or he's a werewolf, and he's lying. Lets wait and see if anyone else will refute his claim of being a werewolf...

If someone does then one of the two is lying.

I am not the scientist, so I'm willing to stand by od, however, If connie is not the werewolf, then clearly od is.