Werewolf round 6 sign-up

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Werewolf round 6 sign-up

Post by Deadman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Might as well start up the sign-up now, though I assume before it starts there'll be at least one live-action game of werewolf at Brencon (which I'm unfortunately missing).

I'll GM this time if that's all right. This time I'm thinking about (depending on group size) having one seer and a nerfed version of the bodyguard that can protect others only by sacrificing their own life. This bodyguard's purpose would be to buy the seer an extra night rather than protect them indefinitely.

What theme is everyone interested in? Remember, it's just window dressing so you don't have to really roleplay too much.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Werewolf round 6 sign-up

Post by Amaris » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm in!
Theme? I would like to see a popular TV show theme done here anything from M*A*SH to Friends to something more current.... could be interesting?
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm so in... because you know... i'm a manipulatiing #$%^

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:15 pm

hey what about an insane asylum... and each player is "dealt" a psycosis that they must role play?

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Ooh. I like that idea. And the seer could be a psychic that was locked up as crazy when their visions actually are true.
Last edited by Deadman on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:31 pm

you could easily add a vigilante too... maybe he gets one kill in the entire game. aka serial killer. (if we gets enough)

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 pm

I would like to mix it up and experiment with new roles. Not because there's anything wrong with what we've been doing but because I'd like to experiment with more variants. I'm against having a normal bodyguard this time though, because I don't think any villager should be immune to the wolves and I think the wolves should get at least one kill a night.

Here are some of the more variant roles I've found/though up. We don't have to use these necessarily, they're just options to think about.

Guard: Can protect someone but only at the cost of their own life. Can't protect themself.

Watchman: Watches one person each night. Learns the identity of a wolf if they're killed. Rather than guess who's a wolf they guess who the wolves will try to kill.

Astrologer: A weak version of the seer. They only get a limited number of scans. Perhaps have two astrologers with one scan apiece.

Hermit: They can choose to hide that night. If the wolves pick them they're told that their choice is the hermit and pick someone else to kill. This is actually a bad choice if the seer is still alive since you're putting them at greater risk to protect your own self. It's powerful though because the hermit can raise themselves above suspicion if they want simply by revealing themselves and becoming invincible.

Cop: They can stakeout one person each night. If they're a wolf the cop stops them from killing anyone and learns their identity. If the person they stakeout is killed though the cop gets killed too. Basically a sage that prevents killing when they find a wolf, but dies if they scan the night's victim.

Hero: Can ask the GM to publicly confirm that they're a villager. "Trust me, I'm the hero of this adventure!"

Detective: Selects half the village each night and learns the identity of one human among them. Basically a reverse sage, they clear people of suspicion rather than find the wolves.

Town Crier: They pick one person each night. If the Town Crier is killed by wolves and they're watching a wolf they scream out the person's guilt upon death. If they pick a villager they say nothing and just die.
Last edited by Deadman on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 pm

hmmmm almost everyone could have a role... might make a crazy fun game.

what about a "super warewolf" that can "turn" one player one time only... at a time of his choosing... starting the second turn. (seer could be turned, hero turned... etc.. )

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:18 pm

I wasn't suggesting we use all of these at once, just use one or two per game. But if we could figure out a way of giving everyone a special role without making the game unbalanced for either side that'd be an exciting version. Any ideas? If everyone has a power the wolves would need beefier abilities too to make up for it. A wolf that can turn people is one option.
Last edited by Deadman on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:18 pm

btw here is a crapload of ideas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)