Werewolf Round 8

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Werewolf Round 8

Post by Deadman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 pm

It looks like my recommendation didn't work out so well.

I doubt I'll be able to convince you not to kill me. "I'm not the killer!" Didn't convince you? Yeah, that's all I got. Hear me out though, since you know there's a 66% chance I'm innocent.

I don't think I've done anything suspicious. I haven't lurked quietly to escape notice, I haven't called for anyone's head. Meanwhile Vardaen nominated Nate, nominated me, and got Wayloss killed. He also suggested that Nate wasn't the sage when he clearly was:
Vardaen wrote: I'm not so sure not killing someone is a smart idea... we are still going on the assumption that Nate isn't the other killer and he's just playing us really really good.

I don't think that is the case but you never know.
That seemed a little suspicious to me. It looked like he was trying to discredit the sage in advance in case he got scanned. That might be why Nate almost nominated him yesterday before deciding instead to wait a day.
Nate wrote: I nominate Frenchy!

Wait scratch that, I say we kill nobody...
And if Nate was suspicious enough to nominate Vardaen guess who he was going probably to scan that night? I think Nate got killed, despite the threat of a watcher, because Vardaen knew he had nothing to lose and he was better off arguing against an unconfirmed watchman than an accepted sage.

Look, Vardaen plays aggressively and nominates a lot of people, whether a killer or innocent. But I think he's a more likely killer than Kilroy and I can guarantee killing me will lose the game for us.

Just because the die is cast doesn't mean you have to blindly follow it to a loss. Grimbold, Kilroy, I hope you will trust your gut and vote no. And Vardaen, if you're not the killer I hope you will vote no too and make a case why Kilroy is the killer. Because it's definitely not me. It doesn't do any good to spare your own life if the killer still escapes execution.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 pm

Nomination Made, Defense Made: No talking, voting only...

"Auh-huah-huah. No!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:40 pm

I believe that ends voting, since we can only kill someone with a unanimous vote (other than the person getting executed). We can talk.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:32 am

We have 2 choices. Hang someone today, and end the game right now; or we can hang no one, have the killer kill someone tonight, then have the final vote tomorrow.

I am ready for this game to be over!

Lets vote on whether or not we are going to kill someone today.
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:56 am

We can wait, but it'll just mean Grimbold will die. That doesn't hurt us per se but it doesn't help us either. Our odds of guessing are going to be 1/3 regardless, and we'll still need a unanimous vote to execute anyone. All it will do is confirm that Grimbold is not the werewolf, which I'm positive of anyway.

Who do you guys think is the killer? I've stated my reasons for leaning towards Vardaen over Kilroy but Vardaen did spare my life.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Let's kill someone. I want to start the next round.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Auh-huah-huah, I Nominate Kilroy! I have a strange feeling he's the last Killer. I know it not to be me, or either of my poodles, and Grimbold is in the clear. This may be the wrong option, and it might be Deadman, but poor deadman ususally dies by round 2 so I nominate Kilroy.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:22 pm

I nominate Vaerden, I guess Deadman's right.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Seriously not me. A vote for me, means the villagers loose. Auh-huah-huah, you can trust me, my poodles do. If I was a killer, I would have hung Deadman straight out (by voting yes) because that means I would have won by now.

So, its strange that Deadman wouldn't believe that I'm a villager by saving him this last vote. Two times he's escaped hanging, perhaps I was wrong to do so, because clearly the Killer, if it was me, would have voted yes to hang Deadman, and so won.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:40 pm

I don't know. Vardaen did vote to keep the game going, but it might have been in case Grimbold or Kilroy voted nay instead. I'm going to risk trusting him though and second the vote against Kilroy.