Werewolf Round 9 - Werewolves in Japan

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Werewolf Round 9 - Werewolves in Japan

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:08 pm

Those playing in this round, in no particular order.

1 Amaris
2 Bitom
3 Deadman
4 Galen
5 Grimbold
6 Kilroy
7 Melyst
8 Nate
9 sempai
10 Wayloss

Please post your introductions and such. The game offical kicks off!
The Setsuban Festival is over, autumn is long past and the cold grip of winter has settled over the provincial estate of Lord Hitagawa the Daimyo of the Rien Shien Tengo Province far in the mountainous north of the Empire. The Lord has collected to him a group of honorable and glorious samurai from around the region to attend his Winter Court. It is a chance for displays of art, long games of Go and Shogi, and of course the battle of poltics and court.

The first day of Winter Court has started, and gathering together in the great audiance hall are the most prestigious of warriors and courtiers (you!). Outside the winter storms of Osano-Wo the Fortune of Fire and Thunder race across the sky. Blankets of snow are falling and the scouts of Daimyo Hitagawa-dono have reported now that all roads out of the mountains around the estate are snowed in. You are trapped here until the spring thaw comes, so you might as well make the best of it.

As people are arriving from their private rooms there is a scream of a hemin servant that cuts the air like a katana! scrambling down the stairs into the audiance hall the pale woman screams again, "Lord Hitagawa! He's dead! He's been murdered in his sleep by Ninjas!!!!" She promptly passes out from fright and excitment.

With the Lord dead, the house falls into chaos. No one remains of any considerable rank to take comand and keep the peace, and so the task falls to you all!

The threat of Ninjas, also trapped inside the castle with you all by the winter storm, is very real. You must keep order, find the ninjas, and survive what will forever be known in the Empire as the Court of Crimson Snow!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Werewolf Round 9 - Werewolves in Japan

Post by Amaris » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:51 pm

"Damn Ninja's! How about you be honorable for a change and commit sepuku so that our Court of Crimson Snow sheds no further blood!"
This may be my last RP as a samurai ever... not too good in this role sorry folks.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Motomoto is an old, wizened veteran of many battles. Now, he only enjoys the warm fire and the spirits and tells long and detailed stories of battles long ago. Right now he is sleeping in his chair in front of the fireplace.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:20 am

Hitagama Bitoma, the youngest of the family's Saumarai, stands up to make a speach. For about 30 seconds, his mouth moves, with no sound coming out, then finally, there is a deep resonant voice that doesn't seem to come from anywhere near him, "DAMN THEM!"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:25 am

Dedumaku, wielder of the Singing Blade and poet laureate of the Lotus Clan, sounds the alarm:

"Hitagawa slain!
Ninja dogs have no honor
Striking in the night"

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:31 am

Kimon Natesan, stands in the court surveying the others agreeing to one of the previous comments. "Hai, Better these murderous dogs remove themselves, save some face, and at least the names of their families."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:17 am

"Honor? Meaningless
To ninjas less than a word
Delighting in death

They hide among us
Waiting to pounce in the dark
So we kill ourselves

But I plead we wait
To meditate and learn more
And act tomorrow"

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 am

Shikamaru sits in a corner, meditatively watching his shogi board.
"The lord has been murdered, we need to corner the traitors" he mumbles as he moves a new stone.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:01 am

"Yes Shikamaru
But pause to hear the wind blow
Patience brings wisdom

Have you ever seen
A bird snap its beak in vain
Grabbing air, not moth?

Two homes for a sword
Either in hand or in sheath
Strike true or do naught

Tonight we must sleep
Ninjas will spill blood again
Let us not aid them

Say Hai to my words
Agree with Dedumaku
And kill none this day"

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:39 am

Lady Tani Chikushou strode forward from the edge of the room to gain some attention. As she moved her green kimono flowed gracefully about her.

"Dedumaku, you are mistaken. A sword in hand is not at home. A sword's second home is the flesh. You seem quite content to wait for more death Dedumaku. Perhaps you know more than your poems would tell."

The Lady paused to look around at the gathered dignitaries.

"My husband sent me in his stead in expectation of treachery. I see his fears were founded. I had hoped the Hitagawa family could keep its house in order. Indeed, I was mistaken. I do not intend to stand by and let these honorless killers have their way with us. These vermin must be ferreted out as soon as possible."