Werewolf Round 9 - Werewolves in Japan

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Werewolf Round 9 - Werewolves in Japan

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:49 am

The winter storm outside remains to plauge the estate of the late Hitagawa Daimyo. The snow blankets the mountain trails trapping all within the home. During the night the ninja strike, attempting to slay another of the honorable samurai who might oppose them.

There is a loud clash of steel on steel from one of the rooms on the second floor. The ninja however have angered the fortunes, for their target is well protected! The Yojimbo Wayloss-sama has thrown himself before the blades of the ninja to protect his charge, the honorable Deadmaku! The poisoned blades of the ninja slay Wayloss-sama, but not before waking the entire house and alerting all of the samurai present to the attempt on Deadman's life!

Unfortuntely the ninja escape into the night, their identities still unknown!
Wayloss was the Yojimbo. He protected Deadman. Deadman was targeted by the Ninja. Wayloss protects Deadman. Wayloss is dead.

And yes, you know who Wayloss protected.
The dawn is almost with you and no one can go back to sleep, so the day begins...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:58 am

"Wayloss-sama has much honor and has protected his charge. Unfortunally that still doesn't let us know who the ninjas are".
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 am

Natesan steps from his room, wearing a light green Kimono, staring at the grousome scene in front of Dedumaku-sama's door.

"Murderous Dogs..." He states shaking his head in disgust.

"Did anyone see anything last night? or know anything? We must find these killers, and punish them as quickly as possible."

"Whatever the case, we know we can trust Dedumaku-sama. One would only assume the Ninja would not target themselves."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:37 am

Sempai enters, he trained in his arts for many years to help defend against
such attacks, but alas he is late

"you have much honor wayloss, who would do such a thing?"
sorry i've been afk, our office still doesn't have internet.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:37 am

"WELL NOW!" Comes a voice some seconds before Bitoma's mouth moves "WE HAVE LOST ONE, YES, BUT WE HAVE GAINED THE KNOWLEDGE THAT ONE OF US IS NOT A NINJA"

suddenly, the voiceover fails, and Bitoma is left speaking only in japanese.

"...not a ninja. This is excellent. There are eight of us left to select from. Seven, really, since none of us would select themselves. The odds have improved greatly. Would anyone like to admit to seeing something last night before we begin random, uninformed accusations?"

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 am

"I think it is straight onto random, uninformed accusations..."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:30 am

The poet bows his head sadly.

"Dedumaku lives
In poet's stead Wayloss dies
His honor still lives"

The fighting bard backflips onto a table and addresses the crowd.

"Fellow warriors!
Now I speak just to the sage
About a wise plan

Nine of us remain
I am clearly innocent
That leaves us with eight

But you have scanned two!
If not Wayloss or myself
We can clear three more

Four will be guilt free
You, the two scanned, and myself
With five uncleared left

Our odds would be fine
Though you would be first to die
Please reveal yourself"

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:32 pm

What he said!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:35 am

"The poet may be long winded, but I agree. Please reveal yourself".

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:52 am

"Dedmaku, I would assume the Shugenja will not yet disclose any info. Or if they do it will be done discretely, at least without saying they are the Shugenja. Also, the math you mentioned is slightly off."

Natesan lifts his hands up, and lowers one finger.

"There are nine of us left, we know Dedmaku is not one of the Ninja. So that's eight that are under suspision" Natesan lowers a finger as he mentions Dedmaku's name.

"We also have the Shugenja, though none of us know who he is." the man drops another finger as he continues. "And if he searched into the souls of two men, who are not Dedmaku, and the brave Wayloss-Sama, that leaves us with five who are unknown." Natesan drops the final two fingers on his left hand and pauses, then bringing up the four fingers again holding the two hands farther apart.

"The best case scinario we'd have is five of us unknown, which I think it would make it currently an unsafe time for the Shugenja to come forward. Even less so had he searched the hearts of Dedmaku, or Wayloss-sama."