Episode I: Legacy of the Sith, Part I

Two centuries after the fall of the Galactic Empire the galaxy has changed dramatically. Jedi of all creeds populate thousands of planets, but most have chosen a path of their own. No longer does a Jed Council rule all, or do the Dark Side rule with an iron fist. The Force, Light, Dark, and somewhere in between has spread throughout the galaxy doing the will of the Force.

Run by the DM TetNak and Nate
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Episode I: Legacy of the Sith, Part I

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:06 pm

Image Image

Episode I: Will of the Force: Legacy of the Sith, Part I

It has been some two hundred years since the fall of the Galactic Empire. Systems have peaked and fell in power many times over during that time. The Republic, which once spanned thousands of systems, is not relegated to a few handful. The last centuries have spawned an independence from other systems and governing bodies, which has caused travel to be much more taxing, literally and figuratively.

With the Galactic Remnants in hiding, and without significant influence, there has been peace, at least from the Empire. Individual wars have happened, as they always do, and without the Republic to guide them. Some fighting has continued for decades, but still the Republic cannot interfere.

The Jedi are becoming fruitful again, but not in the same ways as the Old Republic. Many are independent, blazing their own path, of the Light, the Dark, and somewhere in between. There are, however, Jedi attached the Republic as they once were, upholding the values of their predecessors. Things are still not the same, as they try to learn from the mistakes of previous Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force is still strong. And there are those that allow themselves to be consumed by its power.

Today, more than ever, the Will of the Force directs the lives of trillions in the galaxy.
Iziz, Onderon
3:7:214
Third Month, Seventh Day, 214 ABY

The YT-300 called The Sea Mother comes to rest upon the central landing pad of the city of Iziz, the capital of Onderon. Days ago, the Jedi Knight, Lugribossk received a communications for work. The work was not simple, and the Quarren almost turned it down, as Onderon is still strong in the Dark Side from thousands of years ago. The local authorizes claim to have found the location of a Sith artifact that they wished taken off their planet or destroyed. The pay was good, some 20,000 credits, but was it worth it? The Jedi decided to at least look into the matter before deciding.

With the ship at rest, Lugribossk and his apprentice, a Zabrack named Varque. The pair must make their meeting with the local authorizes in one standard hour, strangely at a catina called The Neon Green. Onderon, they know, may not have any love for Jedi, and being wary would be wise.
This game is for Orgon and Sempai, enjoy!
Last edited by TetNak on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Orgon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Episode I: Legacy of the Sith

Post by Orgon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Lugribossk looks through the pilot's view of the Sea Mother, gazing out over Iziz's starport. His face tentacles writhe slightly in discomfort, as he knows the shadowed reputation of this planet.

Still, the Quarren thinks, if what we are to retrieve turns out to be a relic close to the Dark Side, it will be worth any risk to destroy it. Getting up from the pilot's chair, he makes his way back into the area of the ship where he and his apprentice sleep. Quickly changing out of his brown Jedi robe into a simple white tunic and beige pants, he holsters his blaster on one hip and hides his lightsaber in his shirt.

Finally, he hits the intercom button in the room in order to inform his apprentice of their arrival, not sure of where he is on the ship. <Quarrenese>'œNephew, we've arrived on Onderon. Why don't you meet me by the exit when you're ready and we can go over what we're here for and then take the landspeeders out.'<Quarrenese>
If Varque doesn't speak Quarrenese, just pretend it is in basic
Lugribossk is a Quarren of about average height and weight. Also like most Quarren, his skin is orange and he has bright blue orbs for eyes. Perhaps due to his age, however, the normally orange skin of his race has been mottled with brown. The faint smell of buttered lobster wafts from his body. He can usually be seen wearing the white tunic, beige pants, boots, and brown robe of a Jedi.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:50 pm

In the hull of the ship, the young Zabrack, Varque Feltue, practices his skills, he jumps towards the wall, performs a back flip draws his light saber, (not igniting the blade, as his master would disapprove) and slashes at an invisible target while upside down in the air, he then drops to one leg sweeping a circle with other leg, knocking an imaginary opponent to the ground, while slicing the invisible mans waistline with his saber'¦ he replaces the saber instantly to his hip, drops to his knees, his immaculately groomed hair falls gently to his shoulders.

His masters voice rings in his ears control your breathing , control your temperature. he tries to cool his body temperature, relaxing, feeling the force, allowing him to calm himself. His mind seeks solace, temperance, control'¦ he is calm.

His uncle's voice rings over the intercom'¦. it is time his eyes still closed, he uses the force to feel around him, as he was taught, to ensure no other enemies are near.

Varque stands, his long black hair perfectly placed behind him, his simple robes, in perfect condition, shoes clean, his grooming impeccable. He does not believe in vanity, as he is a Jedi, he is not prideful'¦ but it is important to him to be groomed, practiced, ready'¦.

He walks to the door, his reflection can be seen'¦ tan skin, bright blue tattoos upon his face, tall for a Zabrack. His eyes red, as were his fathers. He sees himself, checks his robe for wrinkles, and makes his way to his uncle.

i didnt write down his extra languages based on his intelligence, i'm sure quarrenese is one now!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 pm

The hull doors slide open as Varque passes through them. Moving down the corridor toward the "apartment" section of the ship where his Master, and "Uncle" await.
I didn't know Zabrack had hair!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Orgon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Orgon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 am

Hands folded as if in prayer, his eyes closed, Lugribossk waits for Varque to arrive. The Quarren focuses his mind on the Force, allowing it into his life to show him the way. He recalls the teaching of his master Where your treasure is, that is where your heart shall be. Every day, Lugribossk tries to make the Will of the Force his treasure.

He opens his eyes slowly to see his adopted nephew walk in, his face tentacles curling up slightly at the ends- the Quarren version of a smile. <Quarrenese>"Ahh, there you are Varque. Practicing again I see . . . very good."<Quarrenese> The Quarren brandishes one of his many oddities: a few pieces of paper with the Jedi Knight's elegant writing on them. The Quarrent doesn't like to use datapads, and instead writes everything out long hand. Apparently the information for the job is written out here.

"I'm sure you remember, but our client has contracted us to obtain and destroy an artifact keyed to the darkside. Allegedly it is the government that wants us to do this, but their representative wants to meet us in a dive bar called the Neon Green. Needless to say, it is a suspicious contract. Still, the danger of a such a relic is too great to pass up a chance to investigate it."

Lugribossk's blue eye appraise Varque's attire. "Perhaps you should change into something more civilian, and hide your lightsaber. Jedi enjoy a . . . mixed reputation on Onderon. And if our client turns out to be legit, his choice of a bar for a meeting place indicates he desires discretion for this job."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:26 am

Varkque, standing with perfect posture, chin slightly upward, listens to Lugribossk carfully, judging his masters body language, as he has learned it well.

He performs a half bow "of course uncle, I'll find somthing suitable" He works his way back to his quarters, and dawns his worn mechanic clothes (or so he sees them)

He returns wearing dark slacks, a beige pancho styled top with a white shirt underneath. The loose fitting garb, hiding his lightsaber well.

"forgive me uncle, what is this artifact? does it pose any threat to us?"
should i edit out the "hair" thing? i thought they could have it on the backs of their heads behind their horns.

Orgon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Orgon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:44 am

Lugribossk wiggles his tentacles in frustration as he shuffles through the papers he has in his hand. <Quarrenese>"I'm afraid that I do not know. The client was adamant about only discussing the details at the bar I mentioned. Ondaron was ruled for many years by a cult of Dark Side users founded by a Sith, so it could be anything from a Sith holocron, to a Sith Sword, to a pair of Freedon Nadd's undergarments that the locals are superstitious about." <Quarrenese> Lugribossk briefly closes his eyes to let the frustration he feels at the lack of information dissipate, then walks over to the hatch, pressing the button to open it.

"We might as well get going. It can't hurt to scout the place out just in case this ends up being a set up," the Quarren says as he walks over to his landspeeder, mounting it. The vehicle is still painted as it was when it came from the factory; the Quarren knight is not one for flashy displays of individuality.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Varque, listening intently to his mentor, stands with perfect posture, weight balanced perfectly. He replayes the words in his head, taking mental note of Lugribossk's words.

he then helps load up the land speeder, and quietly prepares for travel. He climbs into the cockpit and sits with perfect posture, legs at 90 degrees, sitting upright, awaiting orders from his Uncle.

Orgon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Orgon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 pm

His tentacles quivering slightly, Lugribossk looks over his nephew's rigidity. <Quarrenese>"Relax Varque," he says in fatherly tones, "We're not going to a military parade, we're going to a bar. I'm all for formality, but at the proper time and place. If trouble comes up, the Force will be with you whether you are sitting up straight or slouching."<Quarrenese>

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:59 pm

He looks to his masters blue eyes, as they always calm him, "i will try".

His mind calculates, how to look relaxed... what a strange problem, to do your best to look as if you are "slouching"

Varque's shoulders drop an 8th of an inch, his chin slightly lowers, one leg moves foward a few inches... and as his master knows... this is as far as varque can come to relaxing. The young Zabrack has no problems with his masters commands, his strive for perfection always pushing him to do his best at everything he does, however does.

He looks to Lugribossk's direction, awaiting approval...

"uncle, what do you know of this 'neon green' ?"