Greater Binghamton Area - L5R Card Group

This forum is for use by groups of folks who want to help organize their local gaming groups. If you have some people in your area and you want to organize game play at the table you can post to this forum!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Greater Binghamton Area - L5R Card Group

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:14 am

Just want to remind everyone, the big games are this Saturday 10-5. See the above schedule if you have questions.

Right now I know the following will be there

Vardaen
Brennor
Pygmalieon
jigglypuff69
MadVlat
Mat (Kiernan)
DoomulusPrime

Possibly Jeff (Bingo Pajama)
Possibly EvilMonkey

ANYONE is welcome, friends, new players, etc. Anyone that shows up will get a Free Set! Plus I'm planning on having a few free decks to give away too, so if you know someone that might want to play, bring them, teach them, and corrupt them! Muahaha...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 pm

I just recieved this email from a contact in Canadaigua/Rochester area.
Steve,

That's great! I will absolutely be there. I'll probably be bringing at least one additional person with me. I will be playing Crab at this event. My Scorpion friend will probably come for both events, and possibly my Unicorn girlfriend for at least the constructed tournament. Any idea how many other people will be there?

-Tim
So its very possible we will be hosting three more folks! This is shaping up to be a nice big deal!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Oh, definitely cool. There weren't too many game stores in the Rochester area. Only major one is Millenium... and I don't think they are a Dojo. Then again, haven't been in that store for a very long time (much preferred it when it was Crazy Egor's).
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Jeff (BingoPajama) has bailed, he got scheduled a Double at work and could only get half of his shift covered.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Well, the event went well...

jigglypuff69 was sick and didn't attend, but two guys from Rochester area showed up, Tim and Jerry playing Crab and Scorpion respectively.

We had 8 people and alot of games being played.

Results:

Military: Crab (Tim)

Crab 3-0, Scorpion 2-1, Phoenix 2-1, Unicorn 2-1, Dragon 1-2, Spider 1-2, Crab 1-2, Lion 0-3

Knowledge: Scorpion (Jerry) - We had one guy off the street stick around the whole day watching and learning.

Spirit: Unicorn (Vardaen) - Managed to just have more stuff than the other clans.

Politics: Unicorn (Vardaen) - 3 Tee shirts after bribing the Spider and Dragon (both allies) into wearing shirts.

Economy: Unicorn and Lion (Vardaen & DoomulusPrime) - This was a booster draft and was alot of fun

Vardaen (Unicorn): 3-0, DoomulusPrime (Lion) 2-1, Jerry 1-1, Tim 1-1, MadVlat 0-1, Pyg 0-1, Bren 0-1, Mat 0-1

We had some great turn out, fun decorations and one of the hilights was Pygmaleion bringin a blimp dressed up like a Dragon! Lots of costumes, and Tee Shirts, and alot of games. There was even a mulitplaer game using the Boost Draft decks that Brennor (Dragon/Ninja) won with honor!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:54 pm

We have been chatting about another big game of cards. Perhaps to celebrate the new set that just came out.

The idea is a Saturday game, both Draft and Constructed. Or just Constructed because of cash flow with folks. Either way we should try and set up a Saturday where we can play cards.

This time, NOT at the store, so we have no time limits set by them, and baby sitters are not required for the parents. Either at Brennor's house or Vardaen's house.

I'm hoping maybe we can get you all to join?

Vardaen, Brennor, Pyg, Soshi.Toru, MadVlat, Jigglypuff60, Mat, DoomulusPrime, and other gammers...

What Saturday is best for folks? Perhaps the 28th?
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Oh if we play Draft, BRING YOUR DRAFT PACKS, cause we won't have any new ones. I'll find a list of what cards are in the packs, so you can just gather those cards together.

If we do Draft, we'll have to have time to get a Box, and then split the cost based on the number of players. So don't ask me how much it will cost yet. The more people the cheaper it is.

If anyone wants to bring a "prize" be my guest. But for my part, this is just a friendly thing. I'll try and see if we are due any mini kits as well.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:01 pm

We can also just do some MulitPlayer Games, if we have enough people, it would be cool to have a MultiPlayer or Team Bracket sort of thing.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm up for some more games. Another booster draft would be cool, but can definitely understand the cost issue there.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:30 am

Currently a draft game is not an option for me. Sorry.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...