Greater Binghamton Area - L5R Card Group

This forum is for use by groups of folks who want to help organize their local gaming groups. If you have some people in your area and you want to organize game play at the table you can post to this forum!
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Greater Binghamton Area - Card Group

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:59 pm

I think you guys would like the Game of Thrones LCG. I love that game. You guys need to teach me this game and L5R.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:51 am

You'd love it Tet. V taught me in like 20 minutes and we flew with it. Lots of depending on each other and coming up with good plays was the only was we could survive. Plus the decks work great. Dwarves were damage, Elves supported with blockers and ranged that could help in anyone's combat and the Humans healed and Quested the crap out of the game.

One of the best I've done in a while. I really like the Co-op play verses the game itself.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:03 am

Is the GoT Co-Op?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:47 am

No. GoT is definitely not co-op.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 am

Then I would just stick to L5R for my head to head, I have invested a crazy amount into it at this point.

The LotR being Co-Op makes it much more group friendly. I may have to pick up a second core set for BrenCon 2013 (when is that this year!) So we can play a few big games.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:59 am

Sure. I wouldn't say drop L5R and just start GoT, I'm just saying you probably would like it.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:36 am

I have to find someone selling singles or something. That way I can make my own deck for keeps and tweek it to orc killing perfection!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I was looking for singles but no one really does because packs aren't random, they are set.

Played with bren tonight and he used the elf deck. It was doing well, we tweaked only slightly to include 2 more gandalfs and removed 2 bee keepers to make room. It worked nicely. Ill do a full report later but we completed the first 3 missions and the first of the dwarrowdelf arc. Only loosing once on the necromacer tower one.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Team Covenant sells singles of GoT cards. They also sell some LotR's cards, so they might sell singles there too.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:51 am

Thanks, Tet. I'll look them up.