Greater Binghamton Area - L5R Card Group

This forum is for use by groups of folks who want to help organize their local gaming groups. If you have some people in your area and you want to organize game play at the table you can post to this forum!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Greater Binghamton Area - L5R Card Group

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Hey all, this thread is for those of us that play Legend of the Five Rings card game. In order to keep us updated and such I'm going to use this thread for just the CCG stuff, and all RPG things can stay on the other Binghamton thread.

To get things started I want to say welcome to DoomulusPrime to the great world of L5R CCG. He's bought some new decks, and even managed to beat me already! Looks like we have a Lion Clan prodigy here!

So we have alot of tourny cards to give away, as well as some extra stuff. I have been collecting the kits that come into Centerfield and holding on to them until we can all get together and play again, and its time we do that.

I spoke briefly to JP about a game, but the day I gave him is simply no good. Fridays are looking real bad for us lately. However we need to play to get these cards out to people and to just have fun.

So, I think we should play this coming Wednesday, October 8th, after work and dinner. So figure around 6ish. I'm hoping that JP will volunteer his large table to this, or perhaps Brennor would care to host us cause I know he has expressed some interest in learning to play!

I prefer we do all Samurai Legal at this point because the new folk only have Samurai cards and its not overly fair to them to go backwards with stuff. However I'm also alright if people want to use some non-Samurai legal. I believe that at the very least the decks should use teh following format:

Samurai Legal Stronghold
Samurai Legal version of the Favor (No Winds)
No Sensei (These really break the Samurai setting)
Along with the free cards, we also have a pay kit that people may be interested in getting in on. During the Clan of the Month and the Ultimate Clan Pack stuff Centerfield bought for us a Tourny Prize Kit. This kit includes a few packs of cards, 2 promo cards (A Seppun Peep, and an Event) as well as 9 of the Clan 3-Ring Binders. The binders are really sharp and very nice. Since its not a free kit, we have to pay for this stuff if you want it. 3 Binders have already been bought, but 6 others remain: Crab, Mantis, Phoenix, Scorpion, Spider, Unicorn.

Cost:
Binder + 1 Pack of cards = 7$
Promo Cards + 1 Pack of cards = 3$
Since a single boost costs 2.70$ this is really a good deal.

Also folks Centerfield has in your card orders, for those of you that ordered cards, including started decks of Mantis, Lion, Dragon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Great Binghamton Area - L5R Card Group

Post by Brennor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:13 pm

I'm interested in playing. We'd be willing to host the tourney on October 8th around 6 PM-ish.

Anyone want food? We are within delivery range of Michaelangelo's pizza.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Pizza is goooood. I'm totally up for playing at Brennor's. If we do food, like pizza, then we should be able to get there by 6 and get started right away. Brennor could order ahead of time so we don't wait around too much for it. Everyone bring cash (smaller bills) and we can dive right into the games for a few good hours.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:22 am

On the 8th I will be out of town (Love Interest). Though the 9th is wide open for me. By the way where do you live Brennor?
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:26 am

P.S. The Phoenix should be sitting on the throne to keep those other trouble making clans in line.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:25 am

Guess you will have to miss it, as you are the only one that can't make it at this point. Sorry. We can try again for a larger group another time with you. I'll save you some promo cards. Say "hi" to the Lady Friend.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:32 pm

JP just send my a PM and confirmed he's coming.

So we should be good to go.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Her little one asked me to come to the parent/ teacher conference for her school. She wants to show me her desk and her moo cow. She's a great kid.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Hey card folks, I just recieved this in the Mail. I was aware of the Imperial Gift coming out via Email and the Website, but they aren't taking any chances. If you are a member of the Imperial Assembly you should also be getting this in the mail. Keep it, and bring it to Centerfield to collect your free Imperial Gift on Nov 8th. Not sure how this works exactly but we'll figure it out.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:48 pm

BTW - Best way in will be by the back door. That will be unlocked, though you can knock first if you wish. Front door is almost always locked, unless we are using the porch, though it does have a doorbell.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+