Warhammer: Dawn of War I or II (Or other games)

This forum is for use by groups of folks who want to help organize their local gaming groups. If you have some people in your area and you want to organize game play at the table you can post to this forum!
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Warhammer: Dawn of War I or II (Or other games)

Post by Brennor » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:55 am

Yeah, a cheap copy of Dragon Age would be great, for sure... though I'd probably not pick it up for PC.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:57 pm

And another expansion for DoW II will be released. It's going to have base-building and Orks as a playable race. Eldars too, but I'm not sure.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:57 am

I hit a brick wall in DoW II: Chaos Rising, I think I might be on the last map, but not sure. But damn it's hard. I've completed all previous DoW games except for dark heresy...
Sometimes I just go playing soul storm cause of the imperial guard or orcs cause they are just fun.

Dragon Age should be around as a cheap product by now, I've never finished the game, didn't end up loving it sadly enough....

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:41 pm

I've been playing the Dow2 CR campaign with a frend co-opt before playing it by myself, and we just discovered the traitor and beat him (I won't spoil it) and we have a map after that, I'm not sure if its the end map or not but we must be getting close.

I have a group playing on Primarch Difficulty, and some of the maps are insanely hard, while others are not so (as long as you are smart on play and decked out/leveled up). It seems opps it flip flops on difficulty to me.

I just got Hayabusa's friend request on Steam!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah you are getting close...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:32 am

I finished it!

My friend and I completed it in Co-Op as competely and utterly pure. Wasn't that hard on our Sgt difficulty really.

Then I did it with my Totally Corrput group, a nice different ending and I'm interested in seeing where they go with the cliff hanger at the end.

Then I did it with my Primarch Difficulty group, I was slightly corrupt, basically just Avitus was, but I donated something (i think a purity seal) that corrputed all my squads a little right at the very end, and that pissed me off. So I finished with a minor amount of corrpution over all, and it was yet another ending. So that was neat.

I really would love to play DoW2 and DoW2CR as a guest in co-op if folks are up for that (I could use the achievement points).
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:44 am

We could try a few Last Stand rounds this weekend.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:01 am

No we can't.

Its my son's birthday party on Saturday and my Nieces on Sunday out of town so we have to drive an hour to get there so its an all day thing.

This weekend is going to be bad, but next weekend?

My Chaos Sorcerer in Last Stand is level 20.

How about some CR Co-op too?