OCTGN - Lord of the Rings LCG Online

This forum is for use by groups of folks who want to help organize their local gaming groups. If you have some people in your area and you want to organize game play at the table you can post to this forum!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

OCTGN - Lord of the Rings LCG Online

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:13 pm

So for anyone that doesn't know there is a really nice game out there called Lord of the Ring Living Card Game by Fantasy Flight Games. I've blogged about our local play groups with it over in THISthread.

Well there is also an online program that allows people to play over the interwebs on a virtual table top with one another. I totally recomemd it to anyone intersted in playing (and I'd be up for a game with you!)

You can find OCTGN here:
http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/wordpr ... tallation/

Well in the latest update my 2 custom quests, based on the War of the Ring: Rise of Isengard campaign that we play here, are not offical content of OCTG!

If you have OCTGN you'll want to run the updates, or if you get it new follow the directions. You'll want to Custom Image pack, but that link explains it all.

So Athelstan, Dobomar, Taveon, Faladril, Cadoran, Saelirneth and Riv are now infamous! Two of the adventures can be found under Rise of Orthanc, the Making of a Fellowship and the Blood in Breeland! Check them out! Support OCTGN if you find you like this.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: OCTGN - Lord of the Rings LCG Online

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Info on the update with my cards is found here:

http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/wordpress/lotrlcg/
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Quite interesting!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Its totally free on top of that!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:15 pm

I use OCTGN quite often.

It is a handy tool. It really depends on how well the module is made for each specific game. The Android: Netrunner module is fantastic. The A Game of Thrones module is not that great.

I've not tinkered with the LOTR module, so I can't say how good it is. However, it's awesome Vardaen's custom module is up.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:57 pm

I have seen its used on some of the crazy quests, and it is very well made for LOTR, the developer for it GeckoTH is on top of things, tweaking fixing, adding in odd ball rules that need to be implemented for various scenarios. I can't speak to the other games (I've only vaguely looked at the L5R game on there) but LotR one is nice.

And now we are on there too!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Having a dedicated developer is key. I think the AGOT was one of the first, and it is no longer technically supported. Same with Star Wars, I believe.

The best module I've seen is Android: Netrunner. It seems like one of the most popular LCGs out there. You will see a half dozen games looking for players at any time on OCTGN. People love it.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Just saying ...

What image pack are you using?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Also, where are the actual decks? I can't seem to find them in my OCTGN directories. What are the file names?

Another thing, since almost no one builds decks on OCTGN itself, can you get this cards added to Cardgamedb, etc?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:02 pm

The newest OCTGN update has all the Rise of Orthanc, I confirmed from a clean install its all there. GekoTH has redone all the image packs with better, more consist images, so a re install of all image packs would be good. The CustomCard Image Pack is where these cards are located. I haven't played with just the update at home, but I know a clean install of LOTR does put them there. The Game Decks for playing the quests are in the Custom Quest folder, up at the high numbers 23-25ish, Custom - Rise of Orthanc - Making of a Fellowshp and Rise of Orthanc - Blood in Breeland